Wedding Woes

Happy Friday

We have no big plans for the weekend.  We'll watch the game Sunday but don't care about either team.  I'm using it as an excuse to eat appetizer food all day.

They're forecasting 2-8 inches by the time it gets done snowing on Sunday.  Blerg.

Re: Happy Friday

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Maybe I'll get uninterrupted sleep tonight and tomorrow, instead of having a 3-4 am visitor.  At least he's been going back to sleep and hasn't been too rowdy in our bed, but still...I've not actually fallen back to sleep once he's in our bed.  Blerg.  This started when DH and the kiddo broke his bed rail.  They need to fix that shit. 

Tonight: Kids go to my parents.  We're supposed to get our FireTV today, so I may be playing with that tonight. 
    Tomorrow: Pick up kids from my parents and take them to the IL's. DH might have to work...IDK.  Tomorrow night, dinner out with DH's work peeps. 
    Sunday: Work a little OT and then having IL's over for Superbowl/January bdays. 

We're supposed to get the same amount of snow too.  Whatever.  I just hope the kids go to school. 
  • Saturday am 6let is supposed to go to a bday party.  I haven't seen an invite or time or place.  The mom keeps texting me about it, but there are no firm plans and I'm annoyed.  Saturday night is a going away party.

Sunday is the 90th.  The person bringing plates and cups is 2 hrs east and said they wouldn't come in bad snow.  Totally get it.  Totally don't get why someone is annoyed at me for suggesting we have a back up plan for plates and cups.

• Oh, and Son is registering for freshman classes today.  

• Morning. I was up at 4:30 am to make a 5 am workout class. Went, busted my ass and am now home. Everyone is still asleep so I'm using the time to do whatever, uninterrupted, with so much quiet.

Tomorrow, no plans other than me doing chores. It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow so we'll be stuck indoors which means by Sunday the kids will be stir crazy. Sunday we are doing Super Bowl at my mom's house and they host a block party. So lots of apps and mingling.
  • @tawillers, We haven't heard anything about classes yet...but it's coming.  
    GAHHH!
  • I'm so glad it's the end of this week.  IDK why this week has been so rough, but it has been.  

We're going to a show tonight.  Another lovely local singer/songwriters that starts at 6:30 and ends by 9.  So I can be home before 10 and snuggled in bed.  Hopefully DH is over his illness and can snuggle with me.

Other than that, it's a weekend at home, which is desparately needed.
  • and now they are talking about postponing the 90th until March.  Yes snow, keep people safe, but grrrr
  • When somebody is turning 90 that could be a long time to delay!  I get it for weather, but that's pretty far out.
  • 6fsn said:
    and now they are talking about postponing the 90th until March.  Yes snow, keep people safe, but grrrr
    Ha!  When are they going to make the decision?  How many people are invited?
  • Well there's the 12 yo's soccer schedule and MIL's hair appointments, and so and so's blergh.  Then there's the "I know BIL wants to have it in his home, but if that's too hard an x,y,z date we can go somewhere else."  But the clubhouse kitchen is really small. Um, we're not cooking.  There is a crockpot of meatballs to plug in. 

Blergh I was hoping this would be over in 2 days!!!

• 6fsn said:

Well there's the 12 yo's soccer schedule and MIL's hair appointments, and so and so's blergh.  Then there's the "I know BIL wants to have it in his home, but if that's too hard an x,y,z date we can go somewhere else."  But the clubhouse kitchen is really small. Um, we're not cooking.  There is a crockpot of meatballs to plug in. 

Blergh I was hoping this would be over in 2 days!!!

OMG.  What a cluster.  You're a saint to put up with these people.
  • Legit exchange

MIL: Alex has a soccer game at 1 on the 21st.
    Me: Is there a reason the party has to start at 1?
    MIL: I don't know, but the 21st is out because of the soccer game
    Me: If we move it to 2 Alex would not miss much of the party.  It sucks, but it's better than no party.
    MIL: But the game is in Enon.
    Me: That doesn't mean anything to me.
    MIL: It's a town 20 minutes away
    Me: Okay so game starts at 1. Two 23 minute halves she gets a ride home at 2 ish and is at the party no later than 2:30
    MIL: Oh I see

Or the 12 yo could SKIP THE EFFING GAME BECAUSE HOW OFTEN DOES SHE HAVE A GREAT GRANDMA TURN 90!

• My weekend plans:
    Tonight - nada
    Tomorrow - shoe shopping at DSW with my birthday coupon.  Then it's MEAT COMA TIME - - going to a Brazilian steakhouse for lunch.  I figure that the rest of the day I will be completely useless.
    Sunday - DH and I are sharing a bday GTG at my dad's.  Pizza and cake and ice cream.  And then I think we may have a few people over to watch the Super Bowl.  Real low key, though.  
  • Tonight DK is going to the local brew store for a winemaker/beer brewer meeting. 
    Tomorrow night we have tickets for Book of Mormon. 
    Sunday is a Stupid Bowl party at Wolverine's friend's house. She is very excited about the play date. 
  • Oh good grief, now they are looking into APRIL and are pissy that we won't move M2's bday party and our anniversary trip. 

• Tonight---run around a bit before friend arrives.  Which I'm annoyed about her horrible time management skills---she's still at home working (when she took the day off?) and she's over 4 hours away.  And we planned on a 3 pm arrival.  Um...quick math here----11 + 4hours is 3pm.  YOU'RE LATE.  As usual. 

Tomorrow---hanging out and doing whatever

Sunday---nieces bday party (they share a bday---sisters) so that should be done by 3pm, and I'll hopefully get to spend Superbowl with H unless someone calls in, which is a high possibility.
  • Seriously, 6 this needs to be your next communication:

"Please let me know the date you decide.  I'll let you know if we'll be attending".  Stop responding/following/looking at e-mails, block chat on FB for awhile, etc.

Then you can move your schedule or not as you see fit.  Let them hash out the drama
  • That's pretty much what I did. I said we these three dates booked solid. We can make any other date time or place work so let us know.
  • Hold up...so a 12 y.o. soccer's game is super important but your FAMILY VACATION is not?

NO...fck no.
  • Meg, I've been working out at 5:30 am and it sure is painful, but 2015 is the year of health since I'm breaking down in my golden years.:)

• ftrMrs0 said:
    Hold up...so a 12 y.o. soccer's game is super important but your FAMILY VACATION is not?

NO...fck no.

Well it was an adult only trip but yes the 12 yo couldn't miss the game or miss 30 mins of the party so we were supposed to move our trip.  The one that required reservations a month out and my parents to be free and DH to take a day off of work.

I've been trying really hard to be healthy this year too.  I was going to try my first boot camp this weekend, but it starts at 7:30 and I have to be somewhere at 9.

• I tried out a new place near my house- Orangetheory. They bust your ass for a hour (in a good way) and I left feeling awesome. 6 hours later and I'm still feeling good. I have got to look good in my bridesmaid dress!
  • DefConn's 3:30am wake-up is catching up to me.  Gah.  I never really went back to sleep (he did, thankfully).  So so tired. 
  • Good:  today was my day to read to Woozle's class, which was conveniently scheduled during my lunch hour.  Great fun.

Not good:  my mother is now texting me about the stupid Disney trip.  "Won't Piglet just nap in his stroller?"  (No, he will not.  Would that he would, but we're 15+ months in, and this is not a thing that he does.  Alas.)  "What if I carry the diapers?"  Are you kidding me?  She's like a dog with a bone, she will not let this go.

It's going to be worse when we go somewhere this summer, I know it.  "Oh, so you can go to X, but you won't go to Disney."  That's right, because wherever X ends up being, you bet your ass I won't be rousing my family before dawn and spending 10+ hours on our feet in 90 degree heat, TYVM. 
  • Also, why is rolling over 401(k)s such a PITA?  I rolled one over years ago, and one of my New Year's resolutions was to roll a couple more into my current account.  And as I work on it, I'm reminded of why I left them all where they were for so long.  I'm sure I don't understand the complexities behind the scenes, but it feels like I should just be able to get a check from one, deposit it with the other, and live happily ever after.
  • Heffalump said:
    Also, why is rolling over 401(k)s such a PITA? 
    IRS BS. YWIA. NFT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards