Chit Chat

What do you do with invitations?

2»

Re: What do you do with invitations?

• I used to tuck them into the mirror in our bedroom along with some postcards and other things, but when we moved they all went in the garbage. 
  • I keep them on the fridge until after the event, and then depending on who the event was for, I either keep it in a drawer with other cards and letters or I throw it out. Even with the knowledge that many people don't keep wedding invitations, it still didn't stop me from spending $600 on them. They were what I wanted and they fit the formality level of our event. Plus I kept a few for keepsakes, I made ornaments for myself and my mom and MIL, I stuck one in a shadow box, and my grandparents gifted me their invitation that was stuck onto an old fence board from the family farm.

• Same as Novella - I put it on the fridge then trash it after the event.
    This

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I voted that I toss them after the event. That's mostly true, but probably about half of them get found when I'm going through piles of old mail/paperwork at some point later and I toss them.
  • My fiance had a great aunt whow had a box of every wedding invite, birth announcement / christening card / obituary for anyone in her family. It was lost before I met hi- bet there would have been some interesting things to read and see though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards