Chit Chat
Options

It's Friday!

What are you ladies up to this weekend??

All I want to do is go home and curl up on the couch with a glass of wine but I have to run some errands that I've been putting off. Tomorrow FI and I are going to the jeweler to look at bands (I already picked mine and left it there to be sized) and then going on a double date with one of his GMs. Sunday will be spent catching up on all the housework and wedding stuff that I'm behind on.

Please tell me you guys have more exciting plans for the weekend...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's Friday!

• Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I am doing nothing this weekend.  I'm so excited about this as last weekend was crazy.  I'm off today for the dentist and a massage (yay!!) and there's no school for kids on Monday, so I'm getting a sorta extra long weekend.  

ETA - Oh, I think we're going to plan our Florida trip (hotels, tickets, etc.) and look into a new mortgage.  

• Options
    FI and I are heading upstate NY to see his brother and do some snowmobiling- I can NOT wait.  We may do a little skiing on a small little mountain up there too.  

Happy weekend everyone!
  • Options
    This weekend has felt so LONG. FI was away for half of it and we had the dog we were sitting while he was away as well, so that probably added to things. I'm so glad it's Friday.

Today I'm going to get my hair did, and tonight FI and I are going to Chili's for dinner! He wants to try the new Dr. Pepper baby back ribs. He's so excited he wrote a Facebook status about it.

Tomorrow morning-ish his sister is coming over to do out engagement photos, assuming all goes well. This is the third time we've tried to schedule it and something has always come up. Hopefully our landlord will also be sending by someone to fix our kitchen sink, which is clogged up so bad we can't wash more than ten dishes, maybe, before we can't use it for another three hours. And we don't have a dishwasher.

Sunday the plan is to see FI's sister, BIL, and their new baby, who FI hasn't met yet. They're having repairs done to their house so they're staying in a hotel somewhere, but hopefully we'll still be able to see them. If we are able to stay for the game and there's an oven available to me I'll make buffalo chicken dip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

@blabla89 Have you AW'ed your band on here yet?!

@soontobesyp where in NY will you be?

My weekend should be a lot of fun. Tonight H and I are going to snuggle our pup and drink wine while I binge on SYTTD (I just saw that season 10 is on Hulu and since I've been without cable for almost a year, I got overly excited).

Tomorrow we're going to go on a cleaning frenzy around our house. It desperately needs to be done and I'm tired of looking at dirty floors and crap laying around everywhere. Normally I don't let it get to the point that it is but I've been lazy this past week. H will hopefully also finish my bathroom projects (paint molding and put up light plate covers).

Sunday we're having  Super Bowl party! Totally impromptu but it should be a lot of fun. This will also be the first time we've had a party at our house since we moved in almost a year ago. Everyone offered to bring food and I'm going to make a big crockpot of chili. So I'm going to sit on the couch and be fat and happy with ALL the snacks and beer.

H and I both took Monday off. We might go do some wine or beer tasting orrrrr sit around the house in pjs all day, since the high is only supposed to be 6°.

• Options

Yay Friday!

Today, I'm working until 3 and then I have class till 4. I'm most likely going to do homework and run errands.

Saturday, I'm going to try and finish up my homeowrk and get V his present for Valentines day. No idea what else I'm going to do. Maybe do extra credit for my math class.

Sunday is football! My mom and I are going to watch the superbowl at a sports bar and root for my seahawks. We will win! I'm sooooo excited!

• Options
    @cupcait927  We'll be snowmobiling on Saturday around the Rome area, and then heading to Old Forge on Sunday for skiing (we love little old McCauley Mountain).  

Are you in the area?  How's the snow??  Heading up tonight, so excited! 
  • Options
    @cupcait927  We'll be snowmobiling on Saturday around the Rome area, and then heading to Old Forge on Sunday for skiing (we love little old McCauley Mountain).  

Are you in the area?  How's the snow??  Heading up tonight, so excited! 
    I'm more towards Western NY but I have family in that area! My aunt and uncle just went snowmobiling a couple of weeks ago and from the pics it looks like they have a lot of snow!
  • Options
    FI got home last night from being away 5 days, so lots of snuggles.

While he was away he met with a liquor store that we are thinking of using to buy all our booze for the wedding (his buddys parents own it), and they gave him 2 bottles of wine for free to sample for using as table wine. 

So we will be cracking those this weekend all in good name of wedding planning. It's a tough project, but I think we can handle it;)

FI's parents are also moving soon, and when he was down visiting the made him take all his containers of crap he had been storing in their barn. So we have 6 totes to go through and decide what to do with. (hint: Its going in the garbage! if he hasn't needed it for the three years we've been together, i cant see it being that important)

Also, I got my Fitbit Charge HR this week, So i want to get out on one of the regular hiking trails we go on and get a good idea of what this baby can do!
  • Options
    For work, we have a big formal graduation event for the students of our profession who just passed the examination for their designation, so I will be working from 6AM to I don't know when on Saturday for that (which I don't mind - overtiiiiiiiime! I'm very lucky that my office gives overtime even though we're all on salary.)

On Sunday, it's just going to have to be laundry and bathroom cleaning day, as well as sleep in day - I normally don't start work until 8 so that 6AM is going to hurt. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    not much. Step son is coming over so it will probably be spent watching him play video games. (so annoying) 

so i might break out the crocheting and work on finishing a blanket i started in Nov of 2013 and read as i do not do video games AT ALL. so much for working on the house this weekend. guess water in the basement is not important. 
  • Options
    Nothing too exciting planned this weekend.

Tomorrow: 55 mile bike ride (my goal is to do a century ride in a couple of weeks). After, I'm going to go eat a bunch of calories with one of my best friends, while our husbands go watch a bike race.

Sunday: Booze, burgers, and hopefully watching the Seahawks lose. I have a recipe I use for copycat Shake Shack burgers. The recipe calls for a special blend of meat, but I just use basic ground beef. Well, I bought a meat grinder attachment for our Kitchen Aid, and I'm pretty excited to finally try the special blend because the recipe is already damn good without it.

It's going to be a pretty wild weekend.

• Options
    I have to bake a cake and pick up the piles of junk that accumulated in our living room tonight. Tomorrow, I have a funeral then a birthday party. Sunday will be "Grown Up Responsibilities" day which includes meal planning, grocery shopping, laundry, and packaging our lunches for the week. And then hoping we get enough snow to close work on Monday.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    It's restaurant week in my area, so I'm going to dinner with friends at a place right on the water tonight. 

Tomorrow I'm finishing my taxes and filing my FAFSA. Boo to the grown up things.

Sunday, a friend is having people over for the Super Bowl and voluntold me to bring enough of my famous honey-sriracha chicken wings for 15 people. He's getting no more than 10 lbs of wings because breaking down that many wings can take a while, and they won't all fit in my oven at the same time so I'll have to roast two batches.
  • Options
    We have DD this weekend. All we have planned is grocery shopping, maybe going for hibachi, and a whole lot of nothing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    kat1114 said:
    Nothing too exciting planned this weekend.

Tomorrow: 55 mile bike ride (my goal is to do a century ride in a couple of weeks). After, I'm going to go eat a bunch of calories with one of my best friends, while our husbands go watch a bike race.

Sunday: Booze, burgers, and hopefully watching the Seahawks lose. I have a recipe I use for copycat Shake Shack burgers. The recipe calls for a special blend of meat, but I just use basic ground beef. Well, I bought a meat grinder attachment for our Kitchen Aid, and I'm pretty excited to finally try the special blend because the recipe is already damn good without it.

It's going to be a pretty wild weekend.

55 miles? Go you! I used to be able to do that...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

I was suppose to go to a game night but it's snowing again and I hate driving in the snow. So I decided to stay home. My copy of Harry Potter is out for delivery today, so maybe I will start reading it this weekend. Might as well see what the hype is about.

I have been looking at houses in CA today. The past two winters have made me realized how much I miss CA. Fi and I have been seriously thinking of moving there. My family is there and it doesn't snow there. Win-win.

• Options
    Today my friend who is co-hosting my baby shower is coming over to discuss some details. I need to get my invite list ready! Tonight H and I will probably stay in and watch the season premiere of The Americans. 

No plans for tomorrow. Might try to get H to tour the delivery room at the hospital in the morning.

Sunday we will either have some friends over for the Super Bowl or go out to a bar with said friends. So...yeah, not super exciting.
  • Options
    FI is going out of town in the morning, so I plan to binge on several hours of Jem and the Holograms on Netflix before it disappears on Sunday.  80s cartoon nostalgia - don't judge me. 

• Options
    Today, I am going kickboxing after work, and we'll probably just stay in. Tomorrow morning we have an appointment with the florist, he is going to show us some samples based on what we told him we were interested in. Tomorrow night I am having girls night out with my best friend. We are probably going to get oysters and wine (for her since I'm not drinking alcohol for a few more weeks). And Sunday we are trying to decide what to do for the superbowl. We can go to our friends house, but he lives pretty far from us. In terms of a car ride, it's not bad, but depending on the snow, parking the car may be an issue. And public transportation is a pain to get to his place. So we are considering staying home, and inviting anyone that wants to watch.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Tonight, I'm having dinner and drinks with our old head chef. 

Saturday, so far no plans. I need to get my car inspected (nothing like waiting until the last minute! 

And Sunday, we had no plans. We were just going to stay home and watch the game. But my friend just texted me saying, "Hey, I'm here with other friend and we were thinking we could all get together to watch the game at your house!" 

• Options
    FI is going out of town in the morning, so I plan to binge on several hours of Jem and the Holograms on Netflix before it disappears on Sunday.  80s cartoon nostalgia - don't judge me. 

Now I know what I will be watching tonight.
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:
    not much. Step son is coming over so it will probably be spent watching him play video games. (so annoying) 

so i might break out the crocheting and work on finishing a blanket i started in Nov of 2013 and read as i do not do video games AT ALL. so much for working on the house this weekend. guess water in the basement is not important. 
    You seem very unhappy.

As for me, I'm flying back home tomorrow and I can't wait.  Cannot.  Wait.  The weather in LA was nice but this week has been so exhausting.  If Fi is feeling up to it (he's kinda sick), we have a friend's bday party in NYC that night.

Then on Sunday we're going to FPILs' house for the game.  They want us to come early because they "want to talk to us about the wedding without the other siblings there."  So obviously they want to be involved, but this could run the gamut from "Here's some money!  Go have fun!" to "Please invite this list of 85 people, kthx."  I am expecting something in between those two extremes.  We have plenty of venue capacity but not much money to invite some of their extended family, so I'm cool with them adding people within reason if they want to chip in.  Otherwise, we can afford X number of people, sorry Charlie.

I'm just looking forward to sleeping in my own bed with Fi and my cats.  And seeing my sister and her sweet crazy little dog.  I miss my family!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Tonight we're having a friend over for dinner and drinks! We're also going to finally watch The Interview since its on Netflix, and it's an important part of FI's job a s a comedian. 

Tomorrow FI is at work, so I'm going to do a bunch of homework, and some housecleaning.

Sunday I'm watching Football and doing more homework.  FI is at work. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I have my first dress fitting Saturday morning! I can't wait. I've been eating healthy all week in preparation. And by healthy I mean I only had one cookie instead of two last night. My BFF/MOH is coming in for my fitting so we're going to dinner tonight. Then her, my mom, SIL and a couple of friends are doing brunch after my fitting tomorrow. 

Sunday I will probably do my taxes and then binge watch Netflix. I guess I should watch the Super Bowl but I can't bring myself to care about the NFL. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tonight is a good friend's birthday party. I slept most of the day in preparation for what is sure to be a ridiculous, noisy night. 

Work tomorrow and Sunday. Booooooo.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options

FI mentioned going to Ikea tomorrow, but I don't know if I want to deal with Ikea on a Saturday!  Otherwise I will have to take a day off though, so we'll see.

I have to go to Boston on Monday, and supposedly we're getting another snow storm, so I might have to leave on Sunday and shell out for my own hotel, which does not make me happy!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Tonight is a night for relaxing.  I actually made it to the gym at five this morning, so I'll probably pass out early (I don't do early mornings).  Tomorrow I'll probably get my nails done, go to the gym, and then I have a birthday party to go to.  Sunday I'll be reviewing material for my interview on Monday and freaking out about it in a very neurotic and controlled way.  There will probably be some level of panic driven/procrastinating house cleaning going on too. 

• Options
    My sister's 18th birthday is Monday, so her birthday party is Sunday.

She is getting 12 cupcakes from a local cupcakery, and has also asked that I make a cake. And then - when we finally figured out how many people were going to actually be there - decided that I should make two cakes. 

I wish I could say I was annoyed with her. But I'm not. I'm going to make a bunch of different colors and experiment with buttercream and my pastry tips and I am just really excited about it okay. I just get really excited about cake.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Gonna study for my first nursing school exam on Monday and yeah that pretty much covers it. I might bathe at some point. Maybe. 

Yesterday was super fun. My school requires volunteering hours on our own time, so I did a vision screening at an elementary school for 1st and 6th graders. Those 1st graders are sneaky!
  • Options
    I'm in Disney.

H is sleeping, he has a headache. So while today is pretty mellow, I am anticapating STUFFING MY FACE WITH ALL THE FOOD AND BOOZE.

And rides. And maybe getting my pic taken with a couple of characters. 

We ate at Germany for lunch. So many Reislings to choose from. They actually had an Auslese. Everywhere else it's maybe a Mosel, and there might be a Spatslese, but never an Auslese. 

Happy chibiyui.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards