Chit Chat

Furious...people are so effed up

My Mom just texted me that our neighbor shot our dog. It was with a pellet or BB gun, so at least we didn't have to rush her to the emergency vet, but she was cowering by the pool and wouldn't walk on one of her hind legs. My Mom had to coax her inside and she whimpered for a few hours.

I'm so furious. I can't believe there's nothing else we can do. My mom called the cops/humane society to report it, but without video evidence to prove it there's not much we can do. These people are despicable. I'm so so angry. She's the sweetest dog ever (seriously, if someone broke into our house she'd be their BFF instead of barking). I think harming the innocent is one of the most despicable things a person can do. Fuck them. Fuck them so much.

Re: Furious...people are so effed up

• People are despicable.  I hope your dog is okay.  When people harm animals or children, it absolutely infuriates me.
  • People are despicable.  I hope your dog is okay.  When people harm animals or children, it absolutely infuriates me.

I just can't handle it when people harm animals, children, or those unable to protect themselves. It makes me sick. My mom said she is doing better, but she doesn't want to go outside.

• Oh my god. That is so horrible!!! I'm fuming and I don't even know this dog,I can't even imagine how you must feel. :( People are so horrendous sometimes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• SICK. What disgusting people.
  • What scum!  Do your parents dare go over there and tell them they know they did this? OR..are the scumbag neighbors likely to do something else to your parents/property?
  • Omg. I would LITERALLY punch them in the face. What the hell is wrong with people?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That is terrible; I am so sorry. Someone poisoned my dad's dog when I was a kid. The world is indeed full of fucked up people.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'd sneak some rotten eggs on their house late at night after they're asleep.  Assholes.

• Ugh so sorry!

Someone once shot (not with a BB gun) our Malamute because they thought she was a wolf. It was awful, but thankfully it went through the fleshy part of her rear.

• Horrible horrible disgusting people. (That's the censored version. Even at a site that allows swearing, what I originally wrote was pretty damned disgusting.)

I'd be seriously looking into security cameras, and specifically focused on the neighbors. 
  • I don't condone violence but it someone did this to my dog, I would beat them.

Agreed on all accounts
  • Oh god! That poor baby. Extra belly rubs from me and keep us posted. hurting animals is a subject that makes me foam at the mouth, fly off the handle, see red angry.

• edited June 2015
  • They've done some really despicable stuff before--even worse than this, and my dad has talked to them. So have the cops and the humane society. Recently we tried to install cameras but our cell phone company gave us crap about how far away the cables were from the actual house (since we wanted to live stream it to our phones). We're looking into other options now. I feel so bad for our dog.

I think the haribo gummy bear plan sounds fantastic.

• That is fucking heinous. Ugh. I'm so sorry that happened to your poor dog :( I hope she's feeling better. It takes a particularly sick type of evil to harm an animal.

I normally can't stand violence but I'd love to do terrible things to these people. Like Straw Dogs style.
  • Sounds like your parents should apologize for your dog bothering them, and to make up for it, give them some of these:

You know, as a good-natured gift ;)
    I second this idea. A little neighborly love, so to speak ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sounds like your parents should apologize for your dog bothering them, and to make up for it, give them some of these:

You know, as a good-natured gift ;)

I second this idea. A little neighborly love, so to speak ;)

Boxboxbox

Tell them "no hard feelings."

And then give your dog all the cuddles.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. This infuriates me. I would mail them bags of shit for weeks. What the hell is wrong with people....
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Where we live, it's illegal to discharge a firearm. Could this be possible in your area? Can you pooper scoop into their yard? Poor baby.
  • I can not handle people hurting defenceless animals. Where do they live. I want to send them a big ol' envelope of glitter... Or actual herpes.
  • Where we live, it's illegal to discharge a firearm. Could this be possible in your area? Can you pooper scoop into their yard? Poor baby.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

But are bb or pellet guns considered firearms? Where I live lots of people use them for backyard pest control. And we have definitely shot cans from the deck. Okay, typing that out makes it sound so redneck, but we live in a regular suburban neighborhood.

As for people who hurt animals, I think it should be tit for tat. You shoot a dog, you get shot. And not killed. I'd prefer a terrible wound that will be awful to live with. (I really hate people who hurt pets.)

• edited June 2015
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets outrageously mad. I put the fear of god in a kid I saw chasing a kitten with a stick once. I was like, nine and dead serious I was going to beat him to an actual pulp.
    Last summer FI was outside grilling and our big dog (the gentle giant) was out there hanging out with him. Apparently the kid who lives behind us ran up to the fence, so big dog ran up to him wagging his tail, thinking he was about to make a new friend. The kid swatted at him with a flyswatter and big dog backed away in fear (like I said, gentle giant). When FI told me this, I lost it. I don't fucking care that it was a little kid. I said "THAT FUCKING KID SWATS MY DOG, I WILL SWAT THAT KID!" For a while I would stroll around the yard when big dog went out, because I was waiting for that kid, but I never saw him near the fence again.

Even though I'm not a mother, mama bear fucking comes out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards