Chit Chat
Options

This is a whole new level of crazy

BF just showed me this and said "you should post this on The Knot. A luxury travel company charges $150,000 to fuck with the weather so your wedding day will be sunny. I wish I was kidding

http://gizmodo.com/if-you-want-a-100-sunny-wedding-day-you-can-pay-150k-1682959731

BTW, it's not guaranteed to work. I need about 100 gallons of wine to deal with this.

Re: This is a whole new level of crazy

• Options
    FI showed me this earlier this morning. Even if I had the money and knew it was guaranteed to work we are in a drought. If it wants to pour on our wedding day I will just be happy there was rain. 
  • Options
    As someone who's beach wedding was "ruined" due to a tropical storm, no way in HELL I would buy into that crap.   I might not have gotten my dream beach wedding, but I have one hell of a story to tell.   Plus I still had one hell of a wedding.    Amazing food, tons of booze and a PACKED dance floor all night. Even in between courses our dance floor was packed.   80 year olds down to 6 year olds.

Would not change a thing.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    A similar story was posted on TK blog the other day. $100,000 and even if it ends up not even being forecast to rain at all on your wedding day, you don't get a refund. I say let it rain.
  • Options
    I love rain! Plus, rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck. (Which means @lyndausvi gets about 50 lifetimes of good luck.)
  • Options
    Yeah, no way would I buy that. Rain on your wedding day is, as wrigleyville pointed out, supposed to be good luck (in at least a handful of cultures), and really, rain shouldn't make a difference because if the wedding's indoors, who cares about rain, and if the wedding is outdoors, well... you should have a bad weather backup plan anyway! (This is a general you, BTW, not a specific you.) 

Rain was forecast for us on our wedding day, but it was gloriously sunny. In fact it might even have been TOO sunny. And then it rained non-stop for a week (it might actually have been 10 days) starting the morning after.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    This is ridiculous.  Plus one of my initial thoughts was "and how does spraying chemicals affect the environment/people" which they addressed like two sentences later in the article. 

Rain is not the end of the world, by any means.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards