Second Weddings
Options

bridesmaids....some repeats, some not?

hi there! i'm new, but i've lurked for ages, so heyyyyyyy!!

so here's my story: i was all up in the knot when i got married the first time around, but we're now since divorced. i'm in a new relationship that i'm so happy about, and i would hope one day that we could be happily married, although i'm not expecting that any time soon.

still, just even THINKING about getting married again brings up so many questions and anxieties. a lot of my questions have been answered by the stickies, but i'm wondering about other posters' bridesmaids situations. if i had to choose bridesmaids today, i would probably choose some ladies that stood up for me before, and some new friends. however, some of my previous bridesmaids i'm still friends with, but not as close as we once were. i could imagine inviting them, but maybe not as a bridesmaid.

so i know the answer here is, i can have whoever i want to be in the wedding party, and of course, like i said, this is all hypothetical and not based on any decisions i actually have to make right now. but i'm curious if anyone else has dealt with this situation and how it turned out. 

Re: bridesmaids....some repeats, some not?

• Options
    Welcome!

Sorry, I cannot help as we eloped for our second marriage. So, no bridesmaids. However, if I had invited guests, I would have only invited one of my 3 previous BMs. It's not that I'm not friendly with them, but I haven't seen them in ages. 

One way to get around it is to just have one BM/MOH. No one can question a much smaller wedding party. However, at the end of the day, no one should be questioning your choices anyway. It's up to you as to who you want standing beside you. 

• Options
    You can have whomever you wish in your bridal party. 

I opted not to have a bridal party for my second wedding. A few former WP members expressed relief at getting to be guests and not have to spend money on attire a second time around. Also I was a little less concerned about the pageantry it all and more about the marriage itself.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Yes, Lord, I can't imagine that someone would want to be in my second wedding that was in my first.  I'm not having anyone but our kids in the wedding party but I would think that you wouldn't want to ask people to go to the expense for a second time.
  • Options
    thanks for the input ladies

of course this is all speculative, but i'll definitely think about what you said. i would definitely be okay with a small party, or none at all. so we'll see what ever happens!
  • Options
    I recently went to a second wedding. Some were the same, some were different. The previous MOH was a bridesmaid and a previous bridesmaid was the MOH. It's really up to you and who you consider your closest friends.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My MOH in this wedding was also in my first wedding. I am only having a MOH standing for me this time. I am still friends with my bridesmaids from my first wedding.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    All I can offer is sympathy.... I'm in a similar situation now that I'm beginning to think about my second wedding.  I, personally, am considering no bridal party at all.  Just the two of us and the officiant up there.  But if I do end up with one I'll focus on the people most important to me to include now, regardless of their status at my previous wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards