Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sandals La Toc vs Grande

Hi All!  We narrowed it down to Sandals St. Lucia, but are having trouble deciding between La Toc and the Grande.  We are aware of the beach being better at the Grande, and the rooms have better views at La Toc, but we are more interested in the atmosphere at both.  Is one geared more toward younger couples?  Does one have better nightlife?

Thanks! :)

Re: Sandals La Toc vs Grande

• Options
    Grande seems to be younger couples, that's where we stayed. Night life dies off pretty early, but we were always so tired that was never an issue. Grande was worth it to stay for us just for the beach alone. We could always go back and forth to eat at different places, etc.
  • Options

I stayed at La Toc, and i think that the rooms and restaurants are both better there than at the Grande.  That having been said, we did take the shuttle over to the Grand for two days so that we could use their beach, which is far superior.

La Toc is also smaller and not quite as rowdy, so if you're looking for more of a party atmosphere, you'd probably prefer the Grande.  You can always take the shuttle between the two to sample the beach and restaurants at whichever resort you don't wind up staying at.  it runs several times a day and was very easy to use.

• Options
    Thank you both!  The agents at Sandals keep saying La Toc is more lively, but I keep reading reviews of the Grande being more lively!  So strange!
  • Options
    We are oder and stayed at Halcion but visited the oter two. Grande - nice beach, better for swimming and sailing as La Toc often hasbad conditions for those activities, seemed to be a lot of young newlyweds there. La Toc appeared to be an other crowd and a lttle quieter but we went late in the day to catch dinner there. It i hilly and ou need to take the shuttle to get around the La Toc grounds unless you are young and fit.
  • Options
    We just returned from the Grande and found that we were pretty young for there (group of mid to late 20's and early 30's), but had lots of people to talk to and it was a really chill crowd. The beach was amazing and I found the nightly entertainment very good, but the resort completely died down by 11 - 11:30. This was fine for us, we just found it funny compared to other resorts that we've been to, although those weren't geared to couples or honeymooners.
  • Options
    We visited St. Lucia two summers ago and stayed at Halcyon but visited both the Grande and La Toc. The Grande, I think, is definitely geared more towards younger couples. We had a blast at all three, though. Definitely take advantage of visiting the other two resorts that you don't stay at!
  • Options
    My dad is sending us to Halcyon as our wedding present because he had his honeymoon w/ my step mom there and they loved it. They went back and stayed at the Grande and did not like it as much.They also did not like La Toc b/c of the hills (note: my dad and step mom are REALLY fit and have no mobility issues, and they still found the hills to be too much). They did say the Grande is more lively than the others. They basically just said they prefer Halcyon because it's the nicest but I'm not sure what their criteria were in reaching that conclusion. 

Luckily you can visit all 3 and I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter which you choose. 
  • Options
    When we visited St. Lucia back in 2013, we stayed at La Toc. I thought the scenery was absolutely breathtaking with all of the natural flora and cliff sides overlooking the ocean. The beach is small, and because of the currents we weren't able to use it everyday. 

The beach at the Grande was better, however, that was the only thing in my opinion. Like the others have mentioned, the Grande seemed a bit livelier and geared more toward younger people. So if that's what you looking for I might consider doing the Grande instead. But you could always switch between resorts by using their shuttle service.
  • Options
    My fiance and I will be staying at the Grande in August! My cousin and her husband went there as well, and said the Grande was really fun, with lots of young couples. We had friends stay at Halcyon and they recommended we stay at the Grande too! We are planning to check out a restaurant or two at La Toc during our stay.
  • Options
    We are staying at La Toc in May! We have two married couple friends who both stayed at Halcyon, and said they wished they had stayed at La Toc. Grande has a better beach, but I heard the atmosphere and the views are the best at La Toc!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards