Flowers

Blue-Purple Orchids

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion in order to save $$$.  I absolutely love blue-purple orchids and those are my wedding colors.  I figured I'd go with those and white lillies for the bouquets and such and silk ones for the centerpieces.  I know they are dyed, but they seem so expensive.  I got a quote from a company in Austrailia for $14 a stem for the silk ones and I think the real ones are around the same.  Does anyone have any idea where I can find these cheaper?  I found the at Michaels and AC Moore, but they are too big and don't look realistic at all :-(

Re: Blue-Purple Orchids

• If you want realistic looking artificial flowers then you are going to have to spend a nice chunk of change.  Typically if someone wants super nice artificial flowers they will end up spending more then if they just went with fresh.  And I am not sure where you are located but I highly doubt that a fresh stem of those dyed dendrobium orchids is going to cost you $14.  Maybe half, but even that is on the high end.

Costco has dendrobium orchids, but not the dyed ones that you like.  Here is a link to the purple orchids (CLICK) where you get 70 stems for $140 (so $2 a stem).  They also have white orchids.  To add in a touch of blue you could get delphinium (CLICK).

• Orchids just tend to be expensive. They're not easy to grow, rather particular about their conditions, and take longer to grow and bloom than many others That price @maggie0829 listed is a great price for real ones. I can find fakes at the dollar store, but trust me... you get what you pay for.

If you order white ones and try to have someone dye them for you, make sure you give them plenty of time. One of my friends did that, but after three days they were only veined in blue, and not fully blue. It takes much longer than you expect. (It still turned out gorgeous, though; we got blue delphinium as a filler flower, so she still had her colors).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards