Snarky Brides

Save the Date Invitation

FI just forwarded me an email from his co-worker's fiancée with a warning for me to "be nice".

Subject: Save the Date!
Body: You and future Mrs. FI's first name are invited!
Please RSVP by February 14 using our website.

There was then a picture that could very well be a STD but had the same line about RSVP'ing and also mentioned that the reception will be a potluck.

This was awful enough.  1. I was invited but not even by name. 2. They sent a Save the Date but really meant it as an invitation. 3. This was sent via email.

Then I went to their website where I learned that the ceremony is at 11 am and the reception isn't until 1 pm. You must sign up for the potluck and there will likely not be an option for you to heat or cool your potluck dish that you bring due to limited space in the kitchen.

No mention of drinks on their website but FI told me it will likely be a dry wedding.

I noped right out of that one as soon as I could!

Re: Save the Date Invitation

• bananaham said:
    FI just forwarded me an email from his co-worker's fiancée with a warning for me to "be nice".

Subject: Save the Date!
    Body: You and future Mrs. FI's first name are invited!
    Please RSVP by February 14 using our website.

There was then a picture that could very well be a STD but had the same line about RSVP'ing and also mentioned that the reception will be a potluck.

This was awful enough.  1. I was invited but not even by name. 2. They sent a Save the Date but really meant it as an invitation. 3. This was sent via email.

Then I went to their website where I learned that the ceremony is at 11 am and the reception isn't until 1 pm. You must sign up for the potluck and there will likely not be an option for you to heat or cool your potluck dish that you bring due to limited space in the kitchen.

No mention of drinks on their website but FI told me it will likely be a dry wedding.

I noped right out of that one as soon as I could!
    hahah I laugh at the "Be nice!" comment. I frequently get that from FI. 

Seriously, what is WRONG with people? 

• that is just messed up. what is wrong with people. 

i would nope that with no question
  • Since it's just a coworker and not even a friend, I'd definitely decline too!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• That doesn't even seem safe. I mean, somebody is going to bring Waldorf or potato salad, and that's just gonna get nasty...
  • But seriously, what exactly can you bring to a potluck that's temperature stable? Doritos?

I'd probably go just to watch the chaos. And only introduce myself Mrs. FI. 
  • I received a similar invitation in the mail for my 18 year old cousin's wedding. On one side it had a picture of the couple with "Save the date" printed at the bottom. The other side was information for the wedding and a phone number to call for the rsvp in addition to registry info and Shutterfly logo.

Am I the only one who finds it weird to call and rsvp for a wedding? Like it's a child's birthday party or something? 

One more reason why 18 year olds don't need to be getting married.
  • Eeewww.

Hopefully you RSVP'd no!

• It's OOT a couple months before my own wedding, so we couldn't afford the trip anyways (despite the invitation faux pas). I just sent a gift with a nice note. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards