Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Registry and Inserts

2»

Re: Registry and Inserts

• Options
    OP, please tell me exactly where a poster attacked you because I am really curious what you think that word means.

• Options
    No one attacked you. You asked questions and received answers and explanations. They weren't the answers you wanted. That doesn't constitute an attack.

• Options
    What is with people asking questions and then getting mad at the answers?

With the exception of showers were they sole purpose is to shower the bride with gifts, one should never gently remind people where to buy gifts they are not even required to give.

Say you are Christian and you invited someone to Christmas dinner, would you also say "BTW I'm registered at Amazon?".   Christmas is generally a gift giving event, so what's the problem?  No you would not.  IF they ask for suggestion then you can tell them.   Until then you do to mention gifts.  

Just because you (general you) are wedding couple doesn't mean basic things do not apply.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    So then why isn't it a standard thing for an invite, as a guest you are expect to bring a gift.  That's why this is so silly. Its not like I am printing it on the invite itself, its just an insert. 
    No, they're not expected to bring a gift.  They may choose to, but it should not be an expectation.  Putting registry information on your invitation makes it look like you expect them to bring a gift, which is exactly why it's rude and inappropriate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards