Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Wedding Officiates near Pittsburgh..HELP!

Hello Brides,

My fiancé and I will be hosting our wedding in September 2015 at the Marriott North in Cranberry Township, PA and we are struggling to find an officiate. We originally wanted to marry in at Catholic church, but since we are marrying on a Sunday to save costs we cannot get married in a Catholic church. Therefore, we are looking for a good officiate within the Pittsburgh area for our wedding. I would love some suggestions on officiates within the area!! Thanks!

Re: Wedding Officiates near Pittsburgh..HELP!

• Options
    You should ask on your local board about an officiant (officiate is the verb, for the record) as this one is international. However, I am wondering, how important is it for you to have the Catholic Church recognize your marriage? They won't if you don't get married there, and you will no longer be able to receive the Eucharist. If you want to remain a Catholic in good standing, you should book the church first, which most likely does mean choosing a day other than Sunday.
  • Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    Definitely post this on the Pgh board! I would help, but I've only just moved here and I'm not getting married here, so I have no clue. 

Something to consider if you can't find an officiant is that PA has self-uniting marriages, so you don't technically even need one. You can just marry yourselves! Look at this: http://femmefrugality.com/2014/02/nix-the-officiant-self-uniting-marriages-can-save-budget-conscious-brides.html

(FI and I thought about doing this before concocting our current plan of going to New Orleans. You don't have to be Quakers, despite that being where it comes from. I heard that it's more expensive to get the license in Allegheny County, so you may want to check nearby counties also.) 

But also keep in mind what @artbyallie said about the Catholic church recognizing your marriage. The Catholic Weddings board would probably be helpful!
  • Options
    Also look on facebook for any buy/sell/trade wedding pages for your area. I know on mine if you go to the group & type in officiant in the search option, many options for people advertising their services come up. Or I've seen brides just post "Looking for an officiant for this area on this date, anyone know of someone?" and the people who could officiant would response offering up their services.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards