Chit Chat
Options

If You Could Go Back 24 Hours

This mornings radio show had a segment "If you could go back 24 hours and tell yourself something what would it be? Big or small. "

For me I'd tell myself to "keep quiet about Christmas when you're with your sister today "
I let slip that I bought Christmas gifts for one niece and nephew and not her children. She's one to notice and hold grudges because I didn't spend on her children.

How about you?
Anniversary

Re: If You Could Go Back 24 Hours

• Options

Dont eat so much bean dip. image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd tell myself "don't wait till 11pm when you realize you literally have no clean underwear left for the next day to do your laundry," hahaha.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    You're buying Christmas gifts already? Woah. or do you mean last Christmas?

Um...I would have told myself I don't need both a cronut AND a coffee cake muffin from Dunkin Donuts, but I think I'm a couple hours too late for that. So I might tell myself about the steamed broccoli getting cold when I make dinner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    not to buy the pizza i did last night. argh bank account feeling it.
  • Options

That I should have gone and gotten the ingredients for SO's birthday cake yesterday and not waited until today after work because now I don't have a lot of time to bake the cake.

• Options
    I'd tell myself "no red wine. Even two sips will give you a headache. Just don't do it."
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Do the damned dinner dishes. You don't want to wake up and look at that mess.
  • Options
    If it was a week ago, I would tell myself to make sure my work didn't shrink. That cost me two letter grades on an assignment booo. But since its 24 hours, I would tell myself to let others get the wrong answers in lab. Those people are never grateful grr
  • Options
    Leave your downtown meeting 30 minutes earlier - traffic is a bitch.
  • Options
    Stretch after you work out this afternoon, and drink more water, damnit! My legs hurt so bad this morning :( 
  • Options
    Stretch after you work out this afternoon, and drink more water, damnit! My legs hurt so bad this morning :( 
    You poor thing! I forget to stretch sometimes and it's the worst :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

You're buying Christmas gifts already? Woah. or do you mean last Christmas?

Um...I would have told myself I don't need both a cronut AND a coffee cake muffin from Dunkin Donuts, but I think I'm a couple hours too late for that. So I might tell myself about the steamed broccoli getting cold when I make dinner.
    Last Christmas gifts. I had them to give to them, but last weekend was the first chance I got to give them.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Do not let H talk you into opening that second bottle of wine.
  • Options
    don't eat that bag of Jalepeno Cheetos after work today....
  • Options
    "The line is too long for the free tacos at the grand opening of the new Mexican food place, don't bother."
  • Options
    "The line is too long for the free tacos at the grand opening of the new Mexican food place, don't bother."
    Free tacos?!
  • Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Free tacos?!
    AND drinks.

Hence the absurd waits (and we even got there  just 10 minutes after it started AND it required an RSVP so they weren't letting in walk-ins).
  • Options
    Free tacos?!
    AND drinks.

Hence the absurd waits (and we even got there  just 10 minutes after it started AND it required an RSVP so they weren't letting in walk-ins).
    I think I would wait forever free tacos and drinks. And now I want tacos for dinner.
  • Options
    When FSS says he did some dishes go check the damn dishes. Unloading the dishrack is not doing dishes. I could have saved myself a hell of a lot of fighting this morning if I just went in the kitchen last night.
  • Options
    I would go back and tell myself the winning lottery numbers!  I don't know if I'd want to win a huge lottery, like the $350 million Powerball, because that's just too much media and stress.  But maybe like $1 million or even $100,000.  Low enough to not get crazy media attention and not completely change my life, but high enough to pay off bills and be financially comfortable.

• Options
    I would tell myself that my drivers would be assholes today and call out or have to leave early after I secured enough work to keep them busy in the portsand all my containers are on last free day and I would avoid all this stress I'm experiencing this Friday trying to get this work covered.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wake up early so you can deal with the cat puke and not be late for work

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Actually do the laundry, not just think about it.

• Options
    Dear yesterday self,

Stay out with your coworkers longer! You are having a great time, and H is passed out on the couch anyway. No point in cutting your night short to make sure to spend time with him. He will NOT mind, haha.
  • Options
    Check the traffic before leaving work. It's more fun to knot for an hour than sit stuck behind MULTIPLE accidents for an hour.

Anniversary
  • Options

I would have gotten new windshield wipers before I drove home from Boston.

I also would have called the jewelry store to ask about parking before searching for a spot for 30 min and then having to walk in the frigid weather... apparently they have spaces reserved in the lot next to the store.  D'oh!!  I could have shopped more since I closed the place down!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Do the dishes. And find a band-aid, that blister that started? Much worse.

Also go to bed a little earlier. {this part is past self, present self and future self}
  • Options
    I would go back and tell myself the winning lottery numbers!  I don't know if I'd want to win a huge lottery, like the $350 million Powerball, because that's just too much media and stress.  But maybe like $1 million or even $100,000.  Low enough to not get crazy media attention and not completely change my life, but high enough to pay off bills and be financially comfortable.
    Oh, that's not too much. 
    I actually sat down and did the math on every single thing I wanted to do, and I need 378 million. And no, I'm not keeping it all, I'm doing some serious charity with about 100 million of it.  But if I actually want to fulfill allllll the dreams, yep. I need 378 million. Or to give up one of my houses. Nope. 378. All the dreams. 
  • Options
    Not to shovel the driveway.  I feel bad that this responsibility falls on my H.  I shoveled almost half of our driveway, with my bad back.  I have been laid up, since then. This was 48 hours ago, but I am still wishing for a time machine.  The house has gone to hell, because I can barely bend over. Somedays, I really can't handle abiding by my limitations... and then I pay for it.
  • Options
    Wear a pad just in case when trying on my new wedding dress. Bled right through my underwear before trying it on. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards