Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What's your first dance song?

Re: What's your first dance song?

• Everything I do by Bryan Adams... I have been in love with this song since I was a kid. 
  • We are doing History in the Making by Darius Rucker - my parents say its "so country" but we had been saying it would be our song forever, its so fitting <3 
  • We are doing History in the Making by Darius Rucker - my parents say its "so country" but we had been saying it would be our song forever, its so fitting <3 
    Oooh, love that one! We almost chose that one to after we saw him in concert recently, but went with something more raspy because we love jazz and raspy voices. Don't let your parents give you a hard time, just LOVE that song! ;-)
  • Ours was "Your Everything" from Keith Urban

Anniversary
  • Angels by The xx

We're big fans of this band. :)
  • The Jason Wade cover of "You Belong to Me" (It was in Shrek).  It gives a classic from the 50s a modern feel.  Worked well as we've been a long-distance couple repeatedly thanks to the military.
  • It's between "All of Me" - John Legend and "Stuck on You" - Meiko
  • "Truly Madly Deeply" covered by Cascada.
  • The Jason Wade cover of "You Belong to Me" (It was in Shrek).  It gives a classic from the 50s a modern feel.  Worked well as we've been a long-distance couple repeatedly thanks to the military.

I walked down the aisle to a song I first heard on the Shrek soundtrack. "It is You (I Have Loved)" by Dana Glover. 
  • I'm thinking of "By your side" -- Sade. I haven't brought it up with F.I. though. I still have lots of time.
  • I'll Be by Edwin McCain. My fiancé and I love that song.
  • "These Are The Nights" by a band called Making April. He played it for me when we first started dating and told me that it reminded him of me. Plus, the lyrics fit perfectly with the whole idea of a night of celebration and revelry. I love it.
  • Be My Baby by The Ronettes

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We had "All of Me" by John Legend featuring Lindsey Stirling on violin.. the violin really makes the difference in that song! Now whenever I hear it on the radio without the violin it throws me off because I'm expecting it and it's not there.
  • When a Man Loves a Woman (Joshua Ledet version) 
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    "Come Away with Me" by Norah Jones. It was a destination wedding, so it seemed fitting. Plus, our first dance was a waltz per Finnish tradition, and it happened to be written in the correct time.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Ellie Goulding-How long will I love you followed by The Adventure from Angels and Airwaves!
  • We haven't officially decided, but I'm leaning towards Ed Sheeran's "Thinking out Loud."

I really love Ella Fitzgerald's "At Last," but FI thinks it's too moany and would prompt eye rolling. 

• Al Green- "Let's Stay Together"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ours is going to be "It Just Comes Natural" by George Strait
  • Ellie Goulding-How long will I love you followed by The Adventure from Angels and Airwaves!

We are song twins!

I LOVE Ellie Goulding's version of that song. My FI proposed with that song playing in the background but it was Jon Boden's version.

We're also using The Adventure for our reception "introduction" song! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith is our song, so it was no brainer for us. I have since discovered that it's a pretty popular first dance song, but oh well.
  • Crazy girl by Eli Young Band
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Soulmate by Josh Turner!!!
  • My husband and I did Keep On Loving You by REO Speedwagon because we love the movie Drive Me Crazy with Melissa Joan Heart. Also we started singing the words and then all of our guests joined, it was pretty cool :)
  • We're also doing "Grow old with you" from the Wedding Singer...but a cover version I found on itunes (I really don't know the band's name). It's short and sweet (we're not big on dancing) and the cover makes it sound just serious enough for our reception, but the song is still funny and appropriate enough to represent us :)
  • This Year's Love- David Grey
  • It is probably super early to have decided this, but Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. It reminded me of FI instantly and he started tearing up the first time he heard it, so it was an easy decision. We didn't have any other songs that instantly made us think of each other until hearing it. 

• At Last- Etta James version
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not sure we'll have a first dance, but if we do it'll be either Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran or Breathe by Angels and Ariwaves. I think we're leaning towards AVA but we'll see. :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards