New Jersey - South

David Bridals

I am planning on buying my dress in David Bridals. Can anyone tell me their experience with David Bridals and how are they with alterations etc. and how are their prices? Thanks any feedback would be great.

Re: David Bridals

• I didn't buy my gown there, but my sister and a few friends have.  I think their alterations are too expensive, but that doesn't mean you can get quality service from them.  It also depends on the person who is doing them.  If you have an outside seamstress that you know and like, I would go with them.

Try to book your appointment for during the week and during the day, if you can.  It will be less crowded and busy.  I've heard before that some brides will have their consultant helping multiple people at once when they are busy.

Their prices are decent.  You can get a nice gown from them.  The one thing to look for is that if they have your dress in stock in your size, that is the dress you keep.  So check over the gown with a fine tooth comb to make sure the dress isn't missing anything, stains, or damage.  After you buy it, you are stuck.

I've heard the one in Maple Shade is better than the one in Deptford.
  • I purchased my gown there and it literally came in in 2 weeks. I had it since Sept and I am getting married this July. Everything with them so far as ran smoothly, I have my first fitting next month and I am changing my dress to a corset so we shall see how it goes. I love the dress thou and I even returned it after it came in for the ivory one since it was prettier in ivory and they were very easy to work with and my new dress came in within a month.
  • I didn't buy my dress from David's but I will confirm that the one in Deptford is awful.
  • Had a really bad experience as a bridemaid for dying of shoes, came back twice discolored, finally got them about 2 days before the wedding!
  • I had my bridesmaids get theirs from DB, I bought my gown at a small boutique bridal shop. It depends on the consultant you get. We went to different stores due to geographic locations of bridesmaids. The first consultant had started that week and kept suggesting really strange things-different dress for each person, different colors, etc. She had really tacky/strange ideas. The second time we went the consultant was super helpful. It really depends on who you get.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards