Attire & Accessories Forum

Anyone wear Tom's wedges?

Does anyone own a pair of Tom's wedges, and if so what do you think of them?  I'm considering the grosgrain ivory pair for my wedding which would match my dress nicely, but I don't handle heels that well.  My other option is flats... but I'm stuck on shoes and not sure what I want!  

Re: Anyone wear Tom's wedges?

• If you don't handle heels well, get flats.  Wedges, while often more comfortable, are still heels.  

• Thanks!  I'm never really sure if I just suck in heels- or I'm not buying the right ones.  I've never purchased a pair over $40. 
  • I find wedges easier to walk in than straight-up heels. However, if you're unsteady in heels in general, I would recommend buying some Tom's online, wear them around your house for a bit, and see if you start to get a feel for them... If you fall over within the first 5 minutes, take 'em off and return them. 

Whatever you do, make sure to break in whatever shoes you end up with! I can't imagine it would be very fun to have blisters from brand new shoes on your wedding day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Toms wedges are pretty comfy, but still are wedges and overall not as comfy as flats.

I wouldn't worry about wearing flats, be comfy! No one will see your shoes anyways.
  • I actually just logged in because my shoes came in and I wanted to talk about how much I LOVE my Toms wedges! :)

I got the petal grosgrain ones, and they're super cute and comfy. I'm a short gal and FI is a very tall man, so I knew I'd need some height. I don't love wearing heels, so I opted for a wedge (in addition to the fact that regular heels would sink into the ground at our outdoor ceremony). My FI even decided that HE wants to wear Toms to our wedding--they make a really cool oxford-style men's shoe that'll look great. 

If you're worried about buying shoes online without trying them on first, I know that Nordstrom's and Journey's carry a lot of Toms styles. Even if they don't have the exact ones you like, you can try on a pair to make sure you're comfortable before buying them online. Just be careful--different fabrics sometimes fit differently, and my Toms usually stretch a bit after wearing them (my wedding shoes are my 5th pair). 
  • Follow up: And of course, as PPs said, if you can't get comfortable in heels, don't force yourself! Flats are just as cute. I would totally be wearing flats if my FI weren't a giant. :)
  • klk111415 said:
    Does anyone own a pair of Tom's wedges, and if so what do you think of them?  I'm considering the grosgrain ivory pair for my wedding which would match my dress nicely, but I don't handle heels that well.  My other option is flats... but I'm stuck on shoes and not sure what I want!  

My sister in law wore Toms wedges to her wedding last summer!They were cute and looked comfortable!!
  • That's the exact pair that I'm (hopefully) wearing! I think they are very comfortable and should go good for an outdoor ceremony (I didn't want to do heels that sink in to the ground, but didn't want flats either since FI is pretty tall). I think you'll be just fine in them :)
  • Any recommendations on sizing?  I can walk in heels fine, I just feel a burning sensation in the ball of my foot after a while in some heels.  I wore a pair of platform heels at my friend's wedding that I was in and did fine and wore them the entire day but I was unable to be comfortable in another wedding I was in.  My FSIL said that she was in pain at the end of the night but she didn't really notice it because she was so distracted.
  • I'm true to size in the wedges. All the flats I go down half a size because they will stretch out, but that hasn't been an issue with the wedges. 
  • My TOMS wedges are my go to casual shoe.  I love them, they are the most comfortable wedges I own.
  • I love wedges because I'm short and flats make me look even shorter. Heels are super uncomfortable if you're standing for a long time and I own a pair of Toms wedges (this pair: http://www.toms.com/women/natural-metallic-linen-womens-strappy-wedges). They're seriously the most comfortable sandals I own and I get compliments all over the place when I wear them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ok, I'm going to order them soon! They were on sale a month ago and I wish I just bought them then.  I think will see how they feel and wear them around the house.  If they end up uncomfortable I'll order the matching flats so I can slip into those for dancing.
  • Keep in mind, if you have your dress hemmed to wear with the wedges, your dress will likely be a little long when you change into flats.  

Also, I will say, the Tom Wedges are pretty casual.  A really nice pair of metallic or sparkly flats will likely pair better with a formal gown.    
  • That's a good point! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards