Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

need help with a thank you card

I'm working on our thank you cards from our wedding and I'm stuck on how to word one particular thank you. We invited a family that I know, and their son was the only one who came. I'm closer with him than I am with the rest of his family, but we still invited his mom and step dad and sister. So how do I thank my friend for coming but say how we wished the rest of his family came? I put this one off until the end and I'm having a bad writer's block. I just want to make sure I say the right thing without sounding mean or awkward or anything.

Re: need help with a thank you card

• I wouldn't mention that the others didn't make it and mention that it was great to see him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had to write a similar TY note and this is basically how I worded it: "Tim, it was great seeing you at the wedding.  We're so glad you could celebrate with us/share our special day [whatever lol].  Sorry the rest of the family couldn't make it, but they were greatly missed.  We hope you're all doing well."
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • You can thank him for coming and say "give our best to your family" it shows you're thinking about them.
  • I agree with the above posters. However, do you need to mention his family at all? I had a lot of families I invited and only one or two memebers came - parents and one adult child out of three, etc.. and unless the no-shows sent a gift, I didn't mention the other family members in their thank you. It's a nice touch, but I don't think it's necessary if you feel uncomfortable mentioning them for some reason.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards