Pre-wedding Parties

Not so crazy Bachelorette Party

Hi all - so 2 of my friends got married last year, both of them did a whole weekend in Milwaukee w/all that comes along with a bachelorette party. I am not into all of the 'accessories' that come along with the weekend. I also only want a relaxed night in a cute downtown area that have a few restaurants & bars in it. A few of the girls in our group have already claimed that i am getting all of the 'accessories' for the weekend and it will not be calm. How do i approach them about this?

Re: Not so crazy Bachelorette Party

• Hi all - so 2 of my friends got married last year, both of them did a whole weekend in Milwaukee w/all that comes along with a bachelorette party. I am not into all of the 'accessories' that come along with the weekend. I also only want a relaxed night in a cute downtown area that have a few restaurants & bars in it. A few of the girls in our group have already claimed that i am getting all of the 'accessories' for the weekend and it will not be calm. How do i approach them about this?
    Who is offering to host the party? Talk to that person. If it's these two women, be clear that this isn't your style and it's not what you want. If they push, tell them "Thanks for offering to host this, but, as we've talked about, I'm uncomfortable with these plans. I'll have to decline the whole thing. Sorry."

You don't HAVE to accept this party. It's your choice. Maybe telling them there will be no party will let them know you're serious about not wanting these things.
    *********************************************************************************

• You just need to talk to the person(s) planning it and tell them while the other girls weekends were fun, it's not what you are into and you would really prefer something else (giving them examples) and tell them that you would appreciate it if they would honor your request and just keep tellling them that and hopefully it will sink in.
  • Definitely talk to the host as PP suggested.  The party is in your honor and while its super sweet for them to want to "Go Big" if its not your style, its OK toll them so and offer suggestions that you are more comfortable with-- or you can decline all together.  Hopefully they listen to you! 

My girls originally wanted to plan a weekend OOT trip and I politely let them know that was a cool idea but we were thinking of something easier to travel to and more low key (I had people flying in and their destination would have been harder for people to fly into without an additional road trip).  They ended up planning a perfect day getting pedicures then going for dinner and meeting up with my H's bachelor party at a fun country bar.  We had a blast.  Some of us did have to stay over and those that did had a nice brunch together the next morning while those that could & wanted to go home after the bar could.  

Anniversary
  • thank you all - this for sure helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards