Chit Chat
Options

My month board needs a smackdown.

Oh, man. There is a thread about bachelorette parties on my month board right now that is making me stabby. People saying you're entitled to a party and you should throw one yourself...I argued once but I know it's like talking to a wall so I gave up. I just...really, guys? You really think you "deserve" a bachelorette or shower? Really?!

I want to ask how old the posters are but I don't dare.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My month board needs a smackdown.

• Options

I looked at the post once, and decided I could not deal with it myself. Seeing the number of replies increase is making me want to check it again...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My month board was sooo slow! 

That's a shame they don't listen at all.

• Options
    Mine has picked up a bit now that there's three months left, but I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading. It's pretty terrible and it's going more or less unchecked because of course the OMHs of the Etiquette board etc. aren't there to be the voice of reason. @mikenberger made a brave attempt too but it's pretty hopeless, I think.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    Mine has picked up a bit now that there's three months left, but I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading. It's pretty terrible and it's going more or less unchecked because of course the OMHs of the Etiquette board etc. aren't there to be the voice of reason. @mikenberger made a brave attempt too but it's pretty hopeless, I think.
    Beyond. There is not enough liquor available that will make me go over there. Well, at least without reinforcements which, I'm sure, is against some TOS and I would NOT do. EVER. EVER. EVER.

Please don't ban me.

• Options

I went to look - "I wouldn't plan my own bridal shower, but who cares if it's rude?"

And therein lies the problem.

I love the people who try to tell us "disagreeing with OPINIONS is not what these boards are for!"

• Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    OOO! You jezebel. I went and looked and wrote out a response and deleted it. I nearly got hooked lol

• Options
    I got into it a while back on the NJ board about gaps.  "It's not rude, it's just what everyone does."  No no no!  It's rude as fuck!  It's not a regional thing or a Catholic thing.  It's an entitled thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Why is that always the response? If you don't care if it's rude, then guess what? You're rude! And I just cannot understand why people think that's okay or something to be proud of. I would be so embarrassed to do something rude even inadvertently, much less on purpose, and yet so many posters here seem to have zero shame about it. I just don't get it. I'm not even INTO wedding planning and my wedding is barely a wedding at all, but I just cringe at people who genuinely believe that they can do whatever they want and screw everyone else. Hurting other people's feelings is pretty much my least favourite thing on earth so it's totally foreign to me that some people are like this.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a May 2015-er too! I just threw in my two cents. Ugh. 
    --

• Options
    hsgator said:
    I'm a May 2015-er too! I just threw in my two cents. Ugh. 
    And I have lady wood over it.

Not gonna lie.

• Options

May 2015?  that's me too but I don't check super regularly.  off I go....

• Options
    Is posting a link to TK's own etiquette board against TOS....
  • Options
    Is posting a link to TK's own etiquette board against TOS....
    I think innocuously posting a link to the general board with a suggestion to check it out is ok.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I'm hungry, and I have to pee. 

But I can't look away from that train wreck. 
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    Why is that always the response? If you don't care if it's rude, then guess what? You're rude! And I just cannot understand why people think that's okay or something to be proud of. I would be so embarrassed to do something rude even inadvertently, much less on purpose, and yet so many posters here seem to have zero shame about it. I just don't get it. I'm not even INTO wedding planning and my wedding is barely a wedding at all, but I just cringe at people who genuinely believe that they can do whatever they want and screw everyone else. Hurting other people's feelings is pretty much my least favourite thing on earth so it's totally foreign to me that some people are like this.
    And so much yes to this. When my MOH first started planning my bachelorette she called me up and said "so what do you want to do? Where do you want to go" and basically wanted to give me whatever I wanted, which I SO appreciated. But after giving a ton of input (requested by her) I started reading up on TK how awful it is to plan your own bachelorette party and thought "OH CRAP am I doing that?"  After that, I stopped giving her suggestions when asked, and she got very confused. I had to explain that I didn't want any of the other girls thinking I was planning my own party! I was already embarrassed at the amount of input I'd given, so I can't even fathom doing something rude ON PURPOSE. Blows my mind. 
    --

• Options
    I have my friends over for dinner and we go out together all the time. Not because I'm "entitled" as the bride but...because they are my friends and I like to hang out with them (that is why they are my friends). It's the "I'm in entitled" that's pissing me off.

You wanna tell your friends "hey come over for dinner and drinks at my place" have it. Sounds like a great night. But do it because you wanna hang with your friends. Not because you're "entitled". 
  • Options
    I didn't even realize the month in question was my month!  I've been ignoring that thread because, well, I have nothing to do with my bach and I don't know what my sister is planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I don't get this "it's my last night as a single woman to see my friends". As far as I understand marriage you aren't locked away in some tower after you say I do. 

I fully intend to go out with my friends after I'm married. Both with and without FI. And I expect him to do the same. 
  • Options
    I don't get this "it's my last night as a single woman to see my friends". As far as I understand marriage you aren't locked away in some tower after you say I do. 

I fully intend to go out with my friends after I'm married. Both with and without FI. And I expect him to do the same. 
    You mean I won't be banished to the kitchen or the bedroom with a kid on each hip? Damn. What a world we live in.

• Options

You mean I won't be banished to the kitchen or the bedroom with a kid on each hip? Damn. What a world we live in.
    It's a crazy world. 
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought to look at my wedding month's board until I saw this. I think we have the same one. I noticed in one of the invitations threads brides are planning to send their invites out way early and/or require RSVPs 6 weeks before the wedding. Oh my. 
  • Options
    I'm May 2015 too but I never go on that board. I went once. It was too dull. But maybe I'll go back now that it sounds like shit is going down over there... 
  • Options
    I'm May 2015 too but I never go on that board. I went once. It was too dull. But maybe I'll go back now that it sounds like shit is going down over there... 
    I suspect it will get more active now that it is so close... eek. 
  • Options
    lol wait, I seriously laughed at the comment on that thread that a day at the spa with your bridal party is considered a "tiny" bachelorette party. Wow. 
  • Options
    I know.I know. Like, if it's not a weekend involving a plane trip you are sooooo nice and laid-back? Wut?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    I know.I know. Like, if it's not a weekend involving a plane trip you are sooooo nice and laid-back? Wut?
    My idea of a tiny/laid back bach party would be me, alone, in my pajamas, eating pizza, drinking a bottle of wine, and watching trashy TV. Maybe my best friend can be there too.  In fact, I kind of wish that's what I was doing. 
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    My idea of a tiny/laid back bach party would be me, alone, in my pajamas, eating pizza, drinking a bottle of wine, and watching trashy TV. Maybe my best friend can be there too.  In fact, I kind of wish that's what I was doing. 
    That's exactly what I told my sister I wanted to do, and that's what we're doing! 
  • Options
    maeday2 said:
    amelisha said:
    That's exactly what I told my sister I wanted to do, and that's what we're doing! 
    lol I was told my itinerary for my bachelorette. A party bus at 9pm. First thing I asked "So when am I napping during the day?" 

I am so tragically old at 31. And I love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards