Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Wedding was a success!

My wedding is now over and it went better than I could have ever dreamed. Thanks to this forum for the great advice--i followed most of it but went my own way in a few aspects.

It's so true when they say the day will be a whirlwind and it'll be over before you know it. It's like everything happened in fast forward.

Couple small things I would have changed in retrospect:

- I had too much wedding cake. I didn't realize some people would leave before it was served (or maybe I served it too late...but it seemed like people were still full from dinner)

- I would have skipped the personalized favors if I did it over again. They weren't tacky or anything though.

Neither of these detracted from my wedding (though I'm a little sad that not everyone ate cake)...more just that I wasted a little bit of money.

Re: Wedding was a success!

• Options
    Congratulations, and welcome to the OMH club!  :)  
    Anniversary

• Options
    Gotta admit...I'm suffering from a bit of withdrawal.
  • Options
    Congratulations on a successful wedding!

I just wanted to say that "too much cake" isn't a real thing! There can never be too much cake!
  • Options
    Haha true...but I guess the part I regret is not taking it home! (well we did take the top layer but not the rest). I'm sure there was a lot leftover--don't know what happened to it. Hopefully someone ate it.
  • Options
    slothiegalslothiegal member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Knottie13257900 said: Gotta admit...I'm suffering from a bit of withdrawal.
    -----------
    Isn't it weird??  I didn't even
    like most of the whole planning process and I still felt the withdrawal for awhile.
    ETA boxes are not my friends this morning
    Anniversary

• Options
    I agree, never too much cake!  We did have leftover cake, but the venue packaged it up and had it at the door.  People took it back to the hotel and it was all gone by the next morning.

Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards