Others.....Not so much.

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    Some of those are AMAZING.

Others.....Not so much.
    I just really do not get themes. WHY
  • Options
    I can't believe anyone who has a GoT themed weddings has even read the books or seen the show. Weddings aren't exactly a good time in GoT world.

Same goes for Gatsby themed weddings. 1920s themed wedding, whatever floats your boat I guess. Gatsby themed wedding? No way you actually ready the book.

Those are probably the themes I'm the most judge-y about.
    And The Hunger Games.
    Children dying is so romantic.
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

Others.....Not so much.
    Enh, it all depends on what and how much and where and taste. 

Like that first Star Wars wedding, I've seen other pics from and it wasn't like a "kids party" at all. 

Some of them are just poorly done/executed (sorry wonderwoman) 

But SRSLY. You can't tell me this isn't GORGEOUS

Anniversary
  • Options
    Advertised as "27 themed weddings" and there were 40!
  • Options

Agreed. Just about every one of them made me gag. Except the fireman one because my DH & FIL were fightfighters, and that really is something inside your heart not just a stupid movie.

• Options
    Some people's life choices bewilder and concern me. 

But I am totally on board with the Anne of Green Gables one. That is classy as heck. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I loved the Frozen one. SO pretty :)

FI laughed at the Big Lebowski and said we missed the boat!

• Options
    Part of me is side-eyeing the Disney Princess one, but part of me has always wanted to be the Little Mermaid. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, you don't combine GoT with LotR.  Martin is a great writer, but he exists because of Tolkien, lol.

I'd be down to be in a Zombie wedding party- overdone as Zombies are now- if I got to have professional Zombie make up!  That would be awesome!

The Princess Bride theme was done well, I thought.

I love the pics of the Disney Princess wedding because there's at least one BM in each of the pics that looks miserable.  You can tell she's thinking "OMFG this is so cheesy and embarrassing.  We look awful and campy."

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Inkdancer said:

But I am totally on board with the Anne of Green Gables one. That is classy as heck. 
     I really liked that one too. It was so pretty. But I don't like people naming themes like that... I would just say I like the victorian era (or whatever era that was) so I'm using some victorian elements in the wedding. I wouldn't be all "It's hardcore Anne of Green Gables!"
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

I really liked that one too. It was so pretty. But I don't like people naming themes like that... I would just say I like the victorian era (or whatever era that was) so I'm using some victorian elements in the wedding. I wouldn't be all "It's hardcore Anne of Green Gables!"
    Victorian Goth was frightening. 

• Options
    I can't believe anyone who has a GoT themed weddings has even read the books or seen the show. Weddings aren't exactly a good time in GoT world.

Same goes for Gatsby themed weddings. 1920s themed wedding, whatever floats your boat I guess. Gatsby themed wedding? No way you actually ready the book.

And The Hunger Games.
    Oh yes, children dying, government oppression, war - aren't those all the makings of a romance? 

• Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    I call shenanigans on the "Frozen" picture. I bookmarked that exact same picture in 2005, long before "Frozen" was even a concept.

It IS pretty, though. I love the lighting. That's why I bookmarked it in the first place.
  • Options
    Ugh, you don't combine GoT with LotR.  Martin is a great writer, but he exists because of Tolkien, lol.

I'd be down to be in a Zombie wedding party- overdone as Zombies are now- if I got to have professional Zombie make up!  That would be awesome!

The Princess Bride theme was done well, I thought.

I love the pics of the Disney Princess wedding because there's at least one BM in each of the pics that looks miserable.  You can tell she's thinking "OMFG this is so cheesy and embarrassing.  We look awful and campy."
    Yeah that made my eye twitch.
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    chibiyui said:

Others.....Not so much.
    Enh, it all depends on what and how much and where and taste. 

Like that first Star Wars wedding, I've seen other pics from and it wasn't like a "kids party" at all. 

Some of them are just poorly done/executed (sorry wonderwoman) 

But SRSLY. You can't tell me this isn't GORGEOUS
    I did really like that.
  • Options
    vulpiepop said:

And The Hunger Games.
    I'd only ever do a Hunger Games themed wedding if I wanted my guest to fight over the cake. May the odds be ever in your favor!
    It's like the bouquet toss!

;)
  • Options
    Urrnngh why do so many people think weddings need a theme?   

I was talking to an ex recently; it was the first time we had caught up in probably about...five years?  We ended really amicably (I was moving out of state and neither one of us were interested in long distance), and it was the second healthiest relationship I have ever been it.  Just a great guy, and if I hadn't of moved, we definitely would have kept dating for awhile at the very least.  

ANYWAYS.  We were chatting, and it just so happened that he was a newlywed as well, which was great to hear.  I asked him to share some pics with me.  

Turns out, he had a steampunk themed wedding.  Like....not just hints of it, it was the whole kit and caboodle.  Everybody was in costume, there were weird, gadget-y thingies all over the reception hall, he wore those goggle glasses:

And then their honeymoon was to Disney World (which I know a lot of people do, but honeymooning in Disney is literally my idea of hell).  And they wore those stupid Mickey and Minnie Mouse "Just Married!" ears in EVERY.FREAKING.PICTURE.  

Dodged a bullet, y'all.
    Anniversary

• Options

I was talking to an ex recently; it was the first time we had caught up in probably about...five years?  We ended really amicably (I was moving out of state and neither one of us were interested in long distance), and it was the second healthiest relationship I have ever been it.  Just a great guy, and if I hadn't of moved, we definitely would have kept dating for awhile at the very least.  

ANYWAYS.  We were chatting, and it just so happened that he was a newlywed as well, which was great to hear.  I asked him to share some pics with me.  

Turns out, he had a steampunk themed wedding.  Like....not just hints of it, it was the whole kit and caboodle.  Everybody was in costume, there were weird, gadget-y thingies all over the reception hall, he wore those goggle glasses:

And then their honeymoon was to Disney World (which I know a lot of people do, but honeymooning in Disney is literally my idea of hell).  And they wore those stupid Mickey and Minnie Mouse "Just Married!" ears in EVERY.FREAKING.PICTURE.  

Dodged a bullet, y'all.
  • Options
    i seriously do not understand the great gatsby themed stuff. seriously that was not a love story. do a 20's themed wedding not a gatsby wedding
  • Options

Dodged a bullet, y'all.
    Ditto to the bolded. 

And those goggles, SHEESH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    khugs15 said:

Dodged a bullet, y'all.
    Ditto to the bolded. 

And those goggles, SHEESH!
    Yeah the goggles confuse me. I get that they're just oh-so-steam punk but why would you purposely make yourself look stupid on your wedding day? 
  • Options
    My wedding was wedding themed... did this mean I did it wrong?

Some of those are pretty. And it is nice to take what you love and tastefully work it in. Others look like costume parties or kids parties and frankly, are missing the point of a wedding. You know.. getting married. 

I will admit I got a little giggly when I saw batman as the officiant. It would be pretty badass to be married by Batman. I hope he did the whole ceremony as Christian Bale batman. 
  • Options

Gatsby is usually for the party and costumes/makeup. I know someone who themed a party around that, but Gatsby is what people recognized it best as {not how the book depicts it lol}
  • Options
    But you guyyyyyys..... WE ARE SO YOUNEEK! And our wedding has to reflect US and how youneed we are.

Reminds me of this awesome Onion video:
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Snooki had a Gatsby-themed wedding. Shouldn't that tell people how bad of an idea it is?!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

Gatsby is usually for the party and costumes/makeup. I know someone who themed a party around that, but Gatsby is what people recognized it best as {not how the book depicts it lol}
    I get what they are trying to do but just call it a 1920s theme. I seriously don't know anyone who would misunderstand the theme if they just said 1920s instead of Gatsby.

• Options

I get what they are trying to do but just call it a 1920s theme. I seriously don't know anyone who would misunderstand the theme if they just said 1920s instead of Gatsby.
    Because some idiots people think of 1920s as this:

And think of Gatsby as this: 

I don't know lol that's just my jackass guess. But I'm with you on just calling it 1920's or "art deco" or whatever else. When I think of Great Gatsby I think of Gatsby living a lonely life longing for his lost love and ultimately getting shot, and Daisy being trapped in a loveless marriage with a cheating, pompous husband. What a romantic wedding! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards