Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

MPix Album

Has anyone thought about making their own photo album? MPix was recommended to me, but I’m not sure I’m technically advanced for it. It doesn’t give you templates, and I read that people have used PhotoShop to lay out multiple pictures on one page. Do you think I could use Publisher, and save it as a jpeg? The quality of the MPix books seems more professional than (let’s say) Blurb or MyPublisher. But any experience or advice you have would be appreciated!

Re: MPix Album

• Options
    I thought about doing my own on mpix, but then decided against it since my photographer was running a special in Nov. for half off his upgrade charge.  So I decided to save the headache and let him do it.  And I am experienced using Photoshop.  I will make our parent albums with Picaboo or MyPublisher though. I would not use Publisher!  Mpix is better quality than the other books, but they are still good.  Just a different type.  Acutally Picaboo has the more high quality albums as well, and their software is pretty good.  If you are going to spend the money for a professional album, I would certainly suggest having experience in Photoshop and layout or using somewhere that offers templates and guidance!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use myphotoalbum.com

I actually just ordered a photobook of our engagement pictures, and it looks great. You can upload your pictures and it will lay them out for you, but then you can go back and customize it. It took a bit of fiddling with, but once I figured out how to use it, it was pretty straight forward. It was reasonably priced ($30ish) and I got it a week later...and I live in Canada.

I'm sure MPix would work as well.

Enjoy!!
  • Options
    I did my own flush mount album (highest professional quality) - I went through www.nationsphotolab.com and their prices were the cheapest I came across.  They have templates and I thought their software was easy-to-use as I wouldn't know how to make my own layouts.  I have pictures of my album at my blog:  www.prettymydrink.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards