Chit Chat
Options

We might have found a house!

DH and I recently started house hunting and I think we found what will become our house last night! We are really excited, but are trying to keep a level head about everything. We are going to go back to look at it again this weekend with a fine tooth comb, then make an offer.

It has a nice, big kitchen with lots of cabinets and counter space, really nice, big bedrooms, and TONS of storage. We can really see living there for the rest of our lives. Everything is so nice that it doesn't need any work!

We don't want to spread it around IRL yet in case something happens. So, I am going to be excited here until we know for sure if we get it. DH and I will have our own house soon! YAY!

Re: We might have found a house!

• Options
    Congrats!  I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out if you make an offer.

• Options
    Eeee congrats!  How exciting!

slothieguy finally has gotten as fed up as me with our landlord and casually mentioned the other night, "well, maybe we should start looking at a place to buy".  I legit started crying with happiness and squealing, "YOU BETTER NOT BE FUCKING AROUND."
    Anniversary

• Options
    Exciting! FI and I just started talking about it and looking around at what we want. There are so many options/factors and it's such a big decision. Good luck on everything!
  • Options
    House hunting is SO emotional! We just did it :)

We looked at lots and lots of houses. Put an offer on one that fell through, then finally found one in September that we LOVE. We move in this month (it needed a bit of work) and I am so excited :)

I hope you get it!
  • Options
    Good luck!  How exciting!
  • Options
    Good luck.  

We've been looking for the last 7 months.   Such a draining process.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

That's so exciting, @littlemushroom @sarahufl!  Good luck.

DH and I just closed on a house too!  It needs a lot of work (scary and exciting) but hopefully we can move in the next few months.  We'll be out to the country, which should be an interesting change :)

• Options
    Good luck!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Yayy, good luck! :)
  • Options
    Good luck!! 
    When I was buying mine, I honestly didn't feel that stressed about it...but apparently I was because I broke out in Shingles! Which is weird, usually only 50+ year olds get it but the doctor said it was stress related. We're listing it soon so that will probably be even more stressful lol 

• Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Good Luck!  We looked for 6 months, had two offers fall through and then we decided to just rent (we were living with MIL temporarily and hit the point of let's just move anywhere!).  we are going to try again in the Fall.

Anniversary
  • Options
    That's so exciting! Good luck :)

• Options
    Thanks everyone! And good luck to all who are still looking!
  • Options
    Good luck! I hope it works out perfectly!

We are house hunting right now too. So far we had two we liked and were going to make offers on, but someone else's offer got accepted once the day before and then just 20 minutes before I got off work and was set to meet with the realtor to complete our offer.
  • Options
    That's so exciting! Good luck, hope everything works out!! :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    @firebabe6519‌ That sucks! We are having nightmares that something like that will happen to us. Wishing you guys better luck the next time you find an awesome house!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards