Chit Chat
Options

SIL got engaged to her "+1" !!!!!

Okay, he had a name and definitely wasn't just a "plus one," but they began dating shortly before our wedding. They were so surprised and pleased when we extended the invitation to him. Looking back on it now, it really was the sweetest way to get introduced to her family. She lives on the opposite coast and rarely visits, so he got to meet her close and extended family (and her friends because they turned the occassion into an opportunity to get in some visiting)! It was certainly the only opportunity we had to meet him. And now, less than a year later, they are engaged and planning to be married this fall. Maybe it seems fast to some people, but she's got a great head on her shoulders and I think she's going to make a fanastic life for herself. Yaaay!

Anyway, I kind of wanted to post this on the etiquette board as an example of why it's great to extend invitations to significant others even when they're new, but...I don't know. I'm just so happy for her and want to celebrate on TK without turning it into a lesson for people who might know better but don't care. 

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

Re: SIL got engaged to her "+1" !!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards