Wedding Invitations & Paper

Online RSVP??

Hi everyone,

What is the best website for having guests RSVP online? Right now, I have difficulty with TK's wedding website and their support is no help (I'll be calling them later today but I've had it). I've looked into weddingwire and that seems a lot better and better support. What I really want is for guests to RSVP but they can only RSVP for themselves and who is invited (ie. only the parents can attend rather than RSVPing for their whole family). I've read the brides.com generates a unique pass code for each guest so that they can only RSVP for themselves and find their names quickly and easily. Does anyone here have any experience with either of these or even another RSVP site? Yes, I am planning on doing online RSVPs (our wedding is a barn wedding, very laid-back and not formal, other family members have done it although they used TK with no problem so maybe these issues are just with the new website format?, saving cost, going green, etc.). We will also have a phone number for people to call instead of doing the online RSVP. Thanks!

Re: Online RSVP??

• You're better off doing an email RSVP than using a free website. Each website is glitchy, and all these gimmicks make it more difficult for guests, making it more likely that they'll give up. Do you really think most guests are going to want to deal with a pass code?
  • ewedding has been working well.  The guest can add their plus one and also add their address etc.
  • make sure you are putting everyones names that you are inviting in my guest list - i am doing on online RSVP through TK...i have even double checked and tried random names in it. But you do have to upload all of your names from an excel document.
  • I too plan on using online or phone RSVP.

I doubt TK is ever going to fix their online RSVP system, so I just made an email address:
    "my new last name"WEDDING@gmail.com

I also have an information card directing them to visit our website, and to download the free Wedpics app-which also has an RSVP option.
    Another good smartphone app is called "weddingparty" and it also has an RSVP option. That just depends on how many people will have smartphones. I think I'm still going to do a traditional reply card for some of my older relatives.

• My Website is with weddingwire.com. My FSIL used it and had no issues. I have also tested it a few times to make sure it works. Just a suggestion, use Online RSVP as well as a Card for older/traditional relatives who aren't quite tech savy. I just ordered a few RSVP cards when I ordered my invitations. I'm not doing phone RSVP....I want to alleviate multiple phone calls and direct them to the website. I ALSO LIKE weddingwire because it alleviates guest adding on plus ones. Their name pops up exactly as addressed on the invitation. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I did switch over to weddingwire  for our website as I had too many issues with TK. We actually decided to go with RSVPify.com for the RSVPs. Its a one-time $25 payment and we can include questions like "what is one song that you want to dance too" in addition to meal choices, etc. Plus, guests will get a confirmation email once they RSVP so they know it went through and only the people you add can RSVP.
  • I am giving guests the option of mailing back a post card, using my phone number, or using our wedding website, AppyCouple. AppyCouple let me put in any polls or questions (we only have one question, "Do you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions?"). It seems easy to use, but I'll be honest, I'm nervous. I sent my friend a link to the wedding website (she wanted wedding details and we haven't sent our invites out yet) and it asked me to give her permission to get in. I changed the security settings and I also put all of our guests names on the guest list, but I don't want guests waiting or feeling frustrated getting access to the site. Invites are going out tomorrow so I guess I'll know pretty soon how it is all working. 

I kind of wish I'd done the customized gmail address thing, I've used gmail to collect RSVPs for other events before and it is really easy. Oh well. 
  • To save paper costs, I'm also considering email RSVP as well. Is it ok etiquette-wise?
  • To save paper costs, I'm also considering email RSVP as well. Is it ok etiquette-wise?

@weddingcactus - It is fine etiquette wise. Just make sure you also include your phone number for those who are aren't internet savvy.  But just know that some people see online or over the phone RSVPs as your wedding being on the more casual side.

@weddingcactus - It is fine etiquette wise. Just make sure you also include your phone number for those who are aren't internet savvy.  But just know that some people see online or over the phone RSVPs as your wedding being on the more casual side.

Thank you! This is really helpful information. Great point about more casual feel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards