Chit Chat

"Risque" Engagment Photos

I was looking through Instagram hashtags for wedding ideas when I came across engagement photos that were...Interesting. They were at the beach and almost naked (except for really tiny swimsuits) and posing in really odd ways. In one photo, they were laying down in the sand kissing and his hand was really far down on her body, almost on top of her Pikachu. It was so bizarre for engagement photos. I thought it was like some weird photoshoot.

Have you ever seen or received some bizarre engagement photos? Would you side eye "risque" e-photos?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: "Risque" Engagment Photos

• Those just seem so unnecessary.  My grandma might see those photos.  I don't want her to see those kinds of photos though.

I guess if the couple was just taking those photos for themselves, it would be ok.  But I wouldn't even display them, and then what's the point of those E-Photos.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I saw some bad valentine's day pictures yesterday with some that sounded like that.  I wonder if the ones you are talking about will be the future pictures gone bad shots.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • falsara said:

Those just seem so unnecessary.  My grandma might see those photos.  I don't want her to see those kinds of photos though.

I guess if the couple was just taking those photos for themselves, it would be ok.  But I wouldn't even display them, and then what's the point of those E-Photos.

I agree! They seem a little TMI for photos you plan on sharing with everyone.

• I just loved that you used "Pikachu" that way. I giggled.
  • I would side-eye. I also side-eyed an old high-school classmate for her pregnancy shoot where she was half-naked. Fine if you want that for yourself and your partner but fuck no to putting it out there on Facebook for the whole world to see. I kind of think engagement pictures are a little silly anyway but it's not my money.

And I have friends who model professionally, including some kind of risque stuff, that I would never side-eye. It's all about context. We went to a burlesque/variety show at a bar this weekend. Only a scant handful of my pictures went up because the rest do not need to be viewed by the masses. I didn't make any of the pictures of the performers public. I did send them to said performers and if they want to post them, that can be their choice.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was a little weird. Take those photos all you want, but sending them out as your StD is weird as all hell.

• I would side-eye risqué engagement pics.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm weirded out by risque engagement photos. (Again, context, as another poster said, is important. Engagement photos = risque = no.)

If a couple has expressions on their faces like they're about to get it on, and/or if body language looks like foreplay, that's too private. 

I saw a couple's pregnancy photos on Facebook, of course, and the mom-to-be was wearing a bra top and had a bare belly with a ribbon around it. In one of the photos, her husband was embracing her from behind, she was leaning back into him, and both had their eyes closed. I just can't with that. It's too private. Had she had a shirt on and they didn't have their eyes closed, it would have been more sweet than risque. 

I pretty much live by a quote from Cruel Intentions: "Everyone does it, it's just that no one talks about it." Yes, you get it on, you're in love, we all do it. But keep the evidence to yourself. Thanks.

• Ugh I know a girl who did beach engagement pics too. She just had on a bathing suit bottom and a top and he had on jeans and no shirt. They were all in the water and whatnot. I was so creeped out. No way I'd want to send those to my grandma. And can you imagine showing them to kids someday?! No. Just no. 

Some engagement pictures have just gotten so over the top and cheesy. How about a lovely photo where you can, I don't know, see your faces?! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • omg. i had a friend that did some normal engagement pics and some risque ones... like they found a chain linked fence, and he had her pressed up against them... while they were wearing business clothes... it was just so weird and i couldn't stop laughing / being weirded out by them. 

They also did pics on the beach, and a few had some funny faces (as mentioned earlier), but for the most part i was like those are 57million times better than having her pressed up against a chain-linked fence by him.... i can't even begin to wrap my head around who thought that was a good idea...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • A work acquaintance got married a little before I got engaged. When I got engaged and we did our engagement pictures she was like "oh they are so cute, but us Brazilians like to go a little more ____ " <- can't remember what word she used but risque would have worked.

The pictures looked great for sure but they were on the beach both topless. She was laying on him kissing him.... I felt like such a prude as I couldn't even get a response out when she showed me! I was just caught of guard!

Then she had a baby and did a gorgeous photo shoot but Wow! It was A LOT of skin again!

Anniversary
  • A work acquaintance got married a little before I got engaged. When I got engaged and we did our engagement pictures she was like "oh they are so cute, but us Brazilians like to go a little more ____ " <- can't remember what word she used but risque would have worked.

The pictures looked great for sure but they were on the beach both topless. She was laying on him kissing him.... I felt like such a prude as I couldn't even get a response out when she showed me! I was just caught of guard!

Then she had a baby and did a gorgeous photo shoot but Wow! It was A LOT of skin again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards