New Jersey

Northern NJ venue help!

Hi fellow knotties! Newly engaged and so excited to start the planning process. My fiancé and I are both from northern NJ and plan to have our wedding at a venue in this area. We are in the process of starting to make appointments to see these venues but I was hoping for a guide on pricing on some of these places before hand. We are looking at dates available in May 2016 or also September/October 2016. Hoping to come in between $175-190 person including tax and service charge, our guest list is currently over 250 people. We plan on slimming it down to 250 max. Being realistic we know the venues we are looking at will be over budget for Saturday night weddings during prime season, although Saturday is ideal we aren't opposed to Friday evening or Sunday as a last resort. Venue options.... -the Venetian - the westmount cc - the rockleigh cc - the grove - park savoy - florentine gardens - pleasantdale chateau (would be a dream come true but I am certain it is far out of budget) It would be awesome if you could share your quotes at these venues just so that we can have an idea of where we stand budget wise. Thanks so much and happy planning to you all!!!

Re: Northern NJ venue help!

• All of those are either at the top of your budget or over. Westmount quoted me $155 ++, but it was last minute, in the winter, on a date they were trying to give away, in 2014. All of those things means it was cheaper for my quote that it would be normally. The Grove told me they try to bring in $60K on a Saturday night. Rockleigh quoted me I believe $150 ++ for March 2014.

Pretty sure Pleasantdale & Park Savoy both start over $200 ++
  • I agree with @majesty318.. You could probably swing that pricepoint in an off-season month at those venues, but unfortunately not the months you're mentioning.
    What about checking out The Tides Estate, Crystal Springs Resort (you would fall within their pricing minimum at the Grand Cascades), Il Tulipano, The Palace at Somerset Park, Addison Park (a little south of where you're looking but in your price range with that headcount), The Madison Hotel, Seasons Catering. Good luck!
  • Brooklake Country Club falls in that price range and its holds your party.  
  • Thanks so much for your advice! @majesty318‌ by chance did you receive prices from Rockleigh or grove for a Friday/Sunday?
    I appreciate all of your feedback! Very helpful during this stressful but exciting time :)
  • majesty318majesty318 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, I was only looking at Saturdays. But of other ones mentioned, we also visited Tides, Il Tulipano, Seasons, & Brooklake. They were all beautiful. Il Tulipano was actually my first choice but we didn't go with it since my husband didn't love it and it was a bit out of our range. But it is within your budget even on a Saturday - definitely worth a visit!
  • I looked at The Grove for March/April of 2016... Saturday night they told me they needed to "pull in atleast 50k" (in those exact words) and I believe they were asking between 175-185 pp (plus tax & gratutity) on a Friday evening... we were looking with a number of 150-175 people in mind so prices may be off if the party is bigger.
  • Crystal Springs has a few different resorts at varying prices. Ours came out to about $150 per head on a Saturday night in September (Minerals). Good luck!
  • Take a look at the IL Villaggio.  It will definitely hold your amount of guest.  The place is beautiful and the food is to-die-for!  Its within your budget for sure! Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards