Wedding Woes
Options

It's monday again

6fsn6fsn member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited February 2015 in Wedding Woes

How was the weekend.  Friday night sucked.  I was the one telling everyone about an unexpected death.  It sucked.

Saturday we did story time and somehow I got a nap.  DH made an awesome dinner- bleu cheese crusted filets with port wine reduction, baked potatoes, asparagus, and tiramisu gelato.

Sunday I decided I wanted a new phone.  DH wanted out of the house.  He went to the Verizon store and I put a movie in for the kids.  We also did a bit of baking.

Oh and I worked a few hours.

This morning I worked out, did our taxes, and have laundry going.  This week is going to be hell. 

Re: It's monday again

• Options
    Friday night we got Chinese for dinner, we were in PJ's before 8, and in bed by 10ish. 

Saturday, we went to our friend's father's funeral. After the funeral, we got lunch and went home.  I went grocery shopping.  The IL's came for dinner and DH and FIL fixed our toilet and ceiling. 

Sunday, cleaning, I worked in the morning, our friends came over for a couple hours.  I made a huge pot of chili.  

DefConn is sick.  His ear exploded with goop, so pretty sure he has an ear infection.  DH is also sick.  He's leaving work ASAP (which could be 10am or 3pm) to take himself and DefConn to medcheck.  I'm toughing it out by plying the kid with iPad movies and snacks. Depending on when DH leaves work, I may take a long lunch.  Cue ::breaking the (work) law, breaking the (work) law::
  • Options
    The weekend was good.  My parents came to watch DD1's game and then we all went out to eat.

That night we hung out with some friends and had a great time.

Yesterday was groceries and then laziness.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    @6fsn, I'm sorry for your loss, and that your Friday night sucked.  Also, your H can cook for us anytime!  What kind of phone did you end up getting?

@mrs.conn, I hope everyone feels better soon.

Good weekend here.  Party went well.  DS is sleeping better.  My mom and grandma came over Saturday, and DH was dying trying not to laugh.  He asked my grandma what kind of party she wanted for her 100th (she's turning 99 this year), and she said she didn't want to live to 100, because "that's just too old."  Then she said "Every night, before I go to bed I pray for the Lord to take me peacefully in my sleep," and my mom yelled "Not in my house!  Wait until you're back at [Aunt's]!"  I thought DH was going to pee himself.

Anyway, my grandma has a history of doing this.  First she didn't want to see 80 (also too old), and around 79-1/2 she pushed it back to 85, then 90, etc.  I think when August of 2016 rolls around, she might decide she's okay with 100 after all.  :)
  • Options
    Weekend was alright.  We finally took the recycling in, did the grocery shopping, and laundry.  DH is finally able to move around and do most stuff, but still has to take it somewhat easy.

I'm sitting here waiting for the plow to come by.  I always feel bad about calling into work b/c of the snow, b/c I live a mile away.  Then I watched a heavy duty pickup nearly ditch and get stuck for 5 minutes b/c of snow in front of my house.  Just b/c I'm close, doesn't change that I just drive a small sedan.  It's not worth it.  But once the plow comes by (if it does), I will go in.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I'm sitting here waiting for the plow to come by.  I always feel bad about calling into work b/c of the snow, b/c I live a mile away.  Then I watched a heavy duty pickup nearly ditch and get stuck for 5 minutes b/c of snow in front of my house.  Just b/c I'm close, doesn't change that I just drive a small sedan.  It's not worth it.  But once the plow comes by (if it does), I will go in.
    The weather freakout is ramping up here.  DC posted their inclement weather policy, but no updates on any closings.  DD's school has canceled all their afterschool activities and is shutting down the afterschool program early, but so far dismissal is holding at normal time.

Not gonna lie, I would love a snow day tomorrow.  (Even if it's ice instead of snow.)  As long as we have power, anyway.  Since tomorrow is Mardi Gras, I promised DD that if they call a snow day, I'll make her beignets for breakfast.
  • Options
    Friday, I did my study procedures.  CT went fine.  The second procedure was to take 30 mins and lasted 2 hours because they found something that "we didn't expect to see" on my liver.  They did several biopsies.  I see the study Dr. late this afternoon, but the results may not be back yet.  I was kind of hung over all weekend.  I took lots of naps and didn't do much, which was fine because it was frigid here all weekend.

H and I did go for Valentine's Day lunch at a new place on Saturday and it was really good. 

• Options
    BIL posted a pic from his backyard in Knoxville, TN.  They canceled work for him (and maybe SIL...IDK, her job is flexible...so she kind of works when she wants to.  I need one of those.  ;)) and he was telling DH last night about how it was a 'snow emergency'.  

Yeah. they have nothing so far. 
  • Options
    Supposedly we have another 2 hours coming in.  We'll see.  This is only the 2nd time in 3 years that I've called in and said I'm not doing it.  I need to make arrangements with one of the SUV drivers to pick me up when it does this.  My issue really isn't anything but not wanting to drive my car in it.  I only have the one...wrecking it is a BFD for us.
  • Options
    I'm in TN too - south of Nashville and we have nothing either.  There is ice N of us though, enough to make people here panic.  My mom is here from MI, she thinks their all crazy, lol.
  • Options
    Weekend was mostly nice.

Spent Friday finishing up Season 1 of the Blacklist.  Now I'll have to watch some of it online and the rest on Huluplus.  I don't mind, but I've got to figure out how to do it from my tablet to onscreen.  I'll figure it out eventually.  And all of this means I'm spoiled. 

Saturday I cleaned a bit, spent time on the treadmill and also---picked up dinner stuffs for Valentine's Day.  H got home, passed out on the bed for a quick nap.  It was so anti-climactic but I can't fault him for feeling like crap.  I made a roasted chicken and mushroom dinner with mashed potatoes and roasted peas.  He was nomming on that, so that made me happy---just a quiet evening really.

Sunday was more of the same---took youngest SIL out for lunch and we talked for 2 hours about life.  Let me tell you how weird it is to think that SIL will be 18 in about 2 weeks and I've known her since she was a raggedy-toothed little 6 y.o.  WOW.  Mindjob.  *sigh* I love that kid. 

The weather here is accumulation free with just the barest hint of any kind of warmth.  SO basically pretty frigid.
  • Options
    Morning (or afternoon). It's sunny and 79 F here. Not a flurry in sight.

This weekend was meh. I was sick and slept horribly Saturday night. The kids are still recovering from it as well. Friday the housekeeper came and it was a disaster. I feel bad complaining about it because it is the ultimate first world problem/white whine but she did a horrible job (didn't mop floors, didn't even clean a bathroom) so I was annoyed by that. Saturday we celebrated V-Day at home. I made a nice dinner, some chocolate covered strawberries, and just relaxed. Sunday was more sickness for me, and more being lazy.

Today both kids are home, I am trying to work, and I need to pack 3 different suitcases. One for myself, one for DD to stay at my parent's house, and then one for DH and DS.

And this weather is messing with my trip. My coworkers lives in the Nashville area and was supposed to fly out today but the earliest flight she can get on is tomorrow at 5 pm. So now everyone is in a tizzy and our corporate travel agency is trying to figure out her flights. Meanwhile, I'm over here like "get we get an excessive sun day?"
  • Options

Good luck this afternoon MNNE.

@heffalump DH picked out and iPhone 5.  I was up for a renewal so it was free.

• Options
    DD's school just went on 2 hr delay tomorrow.  Still hoping for a full-on snow day though.

::crossing all crossables::
  • Options
    Poor DefConn's are pouring out fluid.  He's already had a shower today and his hair around his ear is nasty again.  I hope DH gets home soon. 

He's miserable once pain meds wear off. 
  • Options
    awww poor defconn.  Is your husband on his way?
  • Options
    He hoped to leave by 2, but I'm betting it's closer to 3.   If he's left, he hasn't called. 

Blah.  At least Netflix is keeping him happy. 

• Options
    When he can feel his ear leaking he says, "It's doing it again mama!" and has me wipe it out with a tissue. 
  • Options
    Poor DefConn.  That sounds really unpleasant.
  • Options
    No, it doesn't really seem fun.  Ha.  DH is home. He sounds like shit. 

They're trekking out to Urgent Care.  
  • Options
    It got pretty nasty in Nashville -- mostly ice grossness. We made it up to Nashville from south of town for me to go to an OB appointment and work, but my OB sent me to the OB ER for blood tests and monitoring then told me that I'm on bedrest until the beast spawns. So we went home and now I'm trying to figure out how to occupy my time until the baby comes and hoping that the baby will come early because my uterus is measuring 40 weeks instead of 36 and I'm already pretty miserable.

• Options
    Take care @thejucheidea.  I hope Beta comes before you watch everything on Netflix.  ;)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards