New Jersey

Valley Regency vs. Seasons Wedding

Hello brides!

I have narrowed my search down to two venues--Valley Regency in Clifton and Seasons Catering in Washington Twp. I loved things about both so having a hard time deciding between the two, and the price was exactly the same. Has anyone got married at either of these, particularly in the winter? Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Also, if anyone has been married at Seasons in the Grand Ballroom, do you have pictures of your cocktail hour? We will be having about 200 people and I fear the area may be a little tight.

THANKS!

Re: Valley Regency vs. Seasons Wedding

• edited February 2015
    I know a girl (friend of a friend) who just got married at the Seasons... but it was this past September so I'm not sure that will help you at all. My friend was a guest and she said the food was really good and they had a really nice time. 

I actually just came across the Valley Regency yesterday and was interested in them for our wedding.  We have two venues in mind but want one more to consider.  Valley Regency has the look and grounds we want.  When you reached out to them, did they send you their menu options digitally or did you have to go in for an appointment? 

*** Edited. I found the VR menu online on their website so please disregard my question. 
  • Are you talking about the upstairs at Seasons? We visited that and I thought the cocktail hour room would be tight for 150 people or more. We didn't see downstairs, so apologies if that is the one you mean.

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at VR a couple years ago and it was a great wedding. They have a crazy cocktail hour. Seasons does, too, but I have not personally experienced it.
  • I can find out for you if it was the upstairs or downstairs and whether it felt crammed or comfortable. 
  • Yes upstairs--sorry for not clarifying! Majesty, that is my fear that it will be too tight.

Knottie if you could find out that would be GREAT. If she has any pictures of how it looked as well that would be amazing :)
  • I spoke to my friend who was a guest at the Seasons wedding in Sept.  She said the cocktail hour was super cramped.  She said it was like a hall way set up which, ironically/coincidentally, reminded her of the Valley Regency. That being said, I'm sure it doesn't help you decide on which location.

She actually said she would recommend The Tides over either of those locations.  I know it's not what you want to hear, since that's not even on your list.  But if she had to pick between the two (or if I had to pick) we would go with The Seasons because their menu is the exact same as The Venetian since they are owned by the same people.... and The Venetian food is delicious.  She's been to weddings at both recently, and she goes to a lot of weddings so I trust her judgment.  
  • Thanks so much--that was super helpful. I am going to go visit Seasons again this Saturday and hope I can make my final decision!
  • Best of luck! Let us know how you make out!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards