Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Deciding What State

Im originally from Maryland , I then moved to Boston and Now am located in NYC ; My Fiancé is from Brooklyn . Im unsure where i'd want my wedding .. Help ?

Re: Deciding What State

• Options

That is something only you and your FI can decide. I recommend talking with your VIP guests to see how people feel about traveling. Most people choose to have their wedding either where they are living currently or where either of the families is located. So, it might make sense to have it in NYC since your FI and I'm assuming his family is from there. Again, however, it's up to you.

Also, it would only be considered a Destination Wedding if the wedding is planned away from your home and your family's homes.

• Options
    Ditto Jells.  Talk to your VIP's to see what they can work with.  From there, pick your budget and appx. guest list and start looking at venues.  Go with what works for you, not based solely on where it's located.  However, you may want to look at prices and tax costs in these different locations.  You may find that prices/extra taxes are higher in NYC (as an example) than in Maryland.  I'm just guessing though, since I don't live out there.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards