October 2015 Weddings
Options

Groom Attire

Hey lovely ladies!
Do any of you have suggestions for unique groom & groomsman attire? My fiancé and I went looking for a suit the other day and he is finding them a little too uptight for his taste. He definitely doesn't want to wear a tux, it is much too formal for our wedding, which is an art deco/rustic combo. We liked some unconventional options at J.Crew and Banana Republic. Any other ideas of wear to look?

Re: Groom Attire

• Options
    The groomsman for my wedding were told to just wear a black suit and a white shirt... my FI will provide them matching ties. The suits don't need to match perfectly, they just need to be black. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    anniecm5anniecm5 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2015
    I have been thinking of doing the same thing as peachy! Just suits is so much more relaxed than tuxes. 

Even more casual than suits, I've seen the prep school look with khaki and navy blue jackets: image

or a mismatched rustic look (or even if you did something similar but had them all match): image

and there's always suspenders & bowties! image
  • Options
    @anniecm I love the two bottom photos! It is so the vibe we are going for. We are just struggling for sources so I think we might have to mix and match from different place and hope it all pulls together!
  • Options
    I think mix and matching from different stores could work. If you're doing standard navy or black pants, you could ask them to get their own. But if you're doing tan or brown, you might need to pick a store and style (one likejcrew or banana is perfect, because everyone can go by themselves or to a store near them. I've heard h&m actually has some good stuff and they are super inexpensive). Then do the same with a shirt, depending on how specific you are being color-wise.. obviously a white or black shirt they could get from anywhere, but if you're going specific, they will need more direction. Then maybe giving them suspenders and a bow tie could be a nice touch if it's within your budget! I'm not even sure what kind of stores they sell stuff like that at, lol
  • Options
    Oh gosh, FI and I were amazed that the groomsmen's suits would be more of a headache than the BM dresses. FI found a bunch of suiting rules on the male fashion advice subreddit that outline proper attire for weddings: http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/1b6inw/guide_dressing_on_your_wedding_day/

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards