New York-Upstate

Indoor Photo locations in Rochester, NY

My fiancé and I are getting married in July, 2015.  We have already decided where we would like to take outdoor pictures but we would like to have a list of indoor photo locations in case of rain ( *fingers crossed that we have a sunny day*).  Our reception is at the Rochester Yacht Club which does not have space/backdrops for indoor photos.  Any suggestions for places in Rochester, NY where we can take indoor photos with our wedding party?

As a side note, the Monroe County Office is not possible for us as it requires a permit for the photographer and for the photographer to be from Monroe County (ours is not).

Re: Indoor Photo locations in Rochester, NY

• I am also getting married in Rochester, NY, but in July of 2016. I was just going to suggest the county building until I read your later note. What do you and your finance like? It might be nice to take them somewhere that relates to your interests. Perhaps a museum or something or the memorial art gallery, if you guys enjoy those things. I'm not sure if there are any permits or rules around taking pictures at those places though.

• We both are attorneys so we wouldn't mind someplace "academic." Or, sometimes a plain backdrop, like a pretty brick wall or columns, might be ideal for photos. I love the MAG idea- I'll make a call and let you know what they say!

When and where are you getting married? We have the majority of our planning/research done- I'd be happy to give you an July/Rochester advice!

• Please do let me know about the MAG, I would love to know what they say.

Thank you so much! I would love any advice you have. We're getting married July 30, 2016. Our ceremony will be at Holy Cross and the reception is going to be at the Burgundy Basin. What day in July are you getting married?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards