Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

How long to get ready?

If you married ladies could tell me how long it took you to get ready I would totally appreciate the help with my planning!! Please and Thank You!

Re: How long to get ready?

• I went with my BMs to get hair/makeup done at the salon.  That took from 9am to noon.  We took an hour for lunch then got dressed.  I think it took my ten minutes to get the undergarments on then the dress and jewelry.

Sooo... three hours and ten minutes, I guess.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2010

I had heard allow 1.5 hours for the bride and an hour for everyone else but for me it took longer.  A little over 2 hours for just my hair and makeup alone. I allowed 4 hours for all 3 of us.  If I had it to do over again I would have had my MUA come one hour earlier.  We could have used that extra hour, could have more pictures taken of us together, etc.  Getting dressed didn't take that long, but by then I was rushing and it was stressful.

• I'm a cosmetologist, and usually for a wedding party hair & makeup I request 1 hour 45 min for the bride, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min (depending on hair length) for each BM.  Let me know if you have more ?'s :)!
  • Ooh I'm glad you asked that question as I've been wondering as well!

I kinda have an add-on to your original question - can anyone give me a guideline as to how many hair/makeup people you would recommend to  hire to do brides hair, 3 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and 2 flower girls?
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_long-ready?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:17453b4b-6062-48bd-bdf1-b7ded56c2fedPost:edd0873d-b450-4715-9c31-f89aefd8a320">Re: How long to get ready?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh I'm glad you asked that question as I've been wondering as well! I kinda have an add-on to your original question - can anyone give me a guideline as to how many hair/makeup people you would recommend to  hire to do brides hair, 3 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and 2 flower girls?
    Posted by SunnyCanadian[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>two

</div>
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • 3 hours.  It probably could have taken less time, but I was strongly opposed to feeling rushed on my wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards