Snarky Brides
Options

A Wedding Go Fund me

I came across a wedding go fund me on tumblr. 
Our names are GROOM (age 19) and BRIDE (age 18). We are getting married in 5 short months on SOMETIME IN JULY. We have gone through a lot with each other despite our age. We have been together for 4 years and 5 months. We are steadfast Christians who put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ. We come from very low income families and need all the help we can get, as we are planning to buy most of the things for the wedding ourselves. We are getting married so early because we want to keep our purity and both feel the Lord guiding us further. We are taking premarital counseling at our church. GROOM is the only one working currently, due to the fact we have one car. We believe God can work through anybody to get us through. Please help us with anything you can, don't worry about the goal. Thank you all so much!
-Love GROOM AND BRIDE.

I just can't. GoFundMe's are already getting annoying, having seen one because a dog owner didn't want to pay for neuter, rabies shot and a dog license.  Now this???
August 9, 2015

Re: A Wedding Go Fund me

• Options
    Barf. 

• Options
    beethery said:
    Read: We want to have sex. Lots of it. But the good Lord won't let us and because of that daddy will kill my boyfriend if we have sex before marriage! We got to get married. Help us out. Give us bang money. God Bless!!
    I was scrolling down to type out almost exactly this but you beat me to it. WELL PLAYED.
    This just screams "I NEED TO SEE BOOBS. NOW."
  • Options
    hahaha @ "bang money."
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You're not paying for it all yourself if you're using other people's money.

Fiance and I are paying for everything ourselves, aside from two gifts we've accepted.  My FMIL wanted to buy my fiance's suit, and my parents wanted to pay for our 3 day honeymoon.  Those people are paying for those things since they're using THEIR money.
  • Options
    GAG.

I hate everyone. So very much. (Present company excluded).
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Bride needs to get her ass a job. I know lots of couples with one car (or no car) who still figure out how to get their asses to work.

Hey do you get a video of the wedding night if you donate to their bang fund?
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    Bride needs to get her ass a job. I know lots of couples with one car (or no car) who still figure out how to get their asses to work. Hey do you get a video of the wedding night if you donate to their bang fund?
    Ditto.  I wrecked my car about three weeks into the summer when I was working in between semesters.  Even though H's shift started after mine did and I got off work before he did, we still made it work.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    Bride needs to get her ass a job. I know lots of couples with one car (or no car) who still figure out how to get their asses to work. Hey do you get a video of the wedding night if you donate to their bang fund?

DH and I have shared a car since we met.  8 years and 4 different states/territories later we both have mostly had jobs during that time.   I say mostly because there were a few months where neither one had a job.  I'm talking about 4 months for me after we moved for DH to take a job.   Then 3 months for DH when he lost his job.    Different times over a course of over 8 years.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I will never understand how people think crowd sourcing for their wedding is acceptable. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    OnceUponSnowOnceUponSnow member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Read: We want to have sex. Lots of it. But the good Lord won't let us and because of that daddy will kill my boyfriend if we have sex before marriage! We got to get married. Help us out. Give us bang money. God Bless!!
    LOL. My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Ew. Just Ew.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards