Chit Chat
Options

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Man, I am such a grump! I don't want to talk to or interact with anyone. MIL has already sent me about 10 text messages today. Our bathroom reno is moving slower than molasses. Maybe I'm just unrealistic about how long it takes to tile? My hair sucks today. I feel pudgy. It's 14 degrees. I feel so BLAH. Anyone else having a bad day already?

Re: I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

• Options

Yup. H gave me his cold so I've got the sore throat/pounding headache/congestion thing going on. He was sweet enough to brush my car off this morning but he royally sucks at it so my windshield wipers were frozen over and my side mirrors were covered in snow so I had to stop at a gas station and clean everything off in the subzero temps.

Annnnd we're apparently supposed to get more snow today after getting snow last night so that means my 40 minute drive home will probably turn into an hour. I would LOVE to crawl back in to bed and sleep.

• Options

Yup. H gave me his cold so I've got the sore throat/pounding headache/congestion thing going on. He was sweet enough to brush my car off this morning but he royally sucks at it so my windshield wipers were frozen over and my side mirrors were covered in snow so I had to stop at a gas station and clean everything off in the subzero temps.

Annnnd we're apparently supposed to get more snow today after getting snow last night so that means my 40 minute drive home will probably turn into an hour. I would LOVE to crawl back in to bed and sleep.

That sucks!! I hope you're feeling better soon. 
  • Options
    Our school district has closed AGAIN for the "extreme" cold.  That means I now have a one day break between the end of this school year and the beginning of the extended school year (summer school) session.  That is never good for the kids or the staff! 

I have rehabbed all my baths.  Totally gutted 2 of them.  It took a total of maybe 3 weeks.  Tiling should not take more than 2 days.  Depending on what you install, the floor needs to "sit" for a day, and then another day to seal it.  How long has it been for you, @climbingwife?

I empathize with the texts.  I have a disclaimer with my kids in regard to texts and emails.  Unless I specifically ask for a response, they don't need to respond simply to acknowledge "receipt" of the text/email.  Many are simply thoughts, ideas, or FYI's regarding upcoming events.  Perhaps you could discuss the potential of doing the same with your MIL?
  • Options
    The wind chill here is around 20 below zero today. When I was walking into my office, the cold hurt so bad that tears just randomly started pouring out of my eyes. I'm so sick of the cold! 

Sorry you're having a crappy day :( I hate that crabby feeling. These are for you:

• Options
    Today is going pretty well so far, but yesterday was one of those days. I poured coffee creamer in my cereal :(

What all is being done to your bathroom, and how long has it been? One time when I lived in a rental house, the owner completely redid my roommate's bathroom (mine was still ugly and dated) and the workers they hired blasted Mexican pop music all day every day for a week. So at least you don't have that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Wind chill is currently -27 where I am. The university doesn't close until it hits about -40, so I'm off to wait for the bus in a few minutes.

Wouldn't be so bad if I weren't simply dreading going in to work in general. Normally I absolutely love my job. However, right now I'm in the middle of a case in which one of my students has been sexually harassing me. It's still at the early stage, so I have to see him in class every day. I would so much rather just crawl back into my nice warm bed and pretend today does not exist. But, as PP said, it's Friday Eve - at least I have the weekend to look forward to soon!
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    Our school district has closed AGAIN for the "extreme" cold.  That means I now have a one day break between the end of this school year and the beginning of the extended school year (summer school) session.  That is never good for the kids or the staff! 

I have rehabbed all my baths.  Totally gutted 2 of them.  It took a total of maybe 3 weeks.  Tiling should not take more than 2 days.  Depending on what you install, the floor needs to "sit" for a day, and then another day to seal it.  How long has it been for you, @climbingwife?

I empathize with the texts.  I have a disclaimer with my kids in regard to texts and emails.  Unless I specifically ask for a response, they don't need to respond simply to acknowledge "receipt" of the text/email.  Many are simply thoughts, ideas, or FYI's regarding upcoming events.  Perhaps you could discuss the potential of doing the same with your MIL?
    This has been going on for months. The tile has been sitting in our bedroom for 2 weeks now. As far as I understood it, everything is done and the tile is ready to go in. But when I got home yesterday, only the shower floor was done. 
  • Options
    The wind chill here is around 20 below zero today. When I was walking into my office, the cold hurt so bad that tears just randomly started pouring out of my eyes. I'm so sick of the cold! 

Same here it stinks! heard on the news something about record lows, or maybe record low "high" temperature or some nonsense :(

• Options
    I've totally been this way lately.  Cold weather doesn't help, the wind chill today is -20.

This was me especially yesterday! I was supposed to fly to Philadelphia for a day trip for work.
    Flight was at 7:10, so was up way too early.  Got to the airport, flight delayed due to the pilot getting in late the prior night and not meeting the "rest requirements"... Pushed back to 8:05.  They did get us started boarding when the pilot showed up around 7:30ish.

Sat on the plane for a good 45 minutes waiting in line to get all the ice and snow removed.  When the sprayed us down, they realized one of the doors wasn't sealed well and it leaked in a bit.  They had to move us BACK to the terminal to have maintenance check it.  Another 35 minutes later, door was fine, but they were going to have to de-ice us again! They gave us the option to get off the plane.  We were already going to be late for our meeting, so we said fuck it and got off the plane.

Had to drive into work to call in for the other meetings, which took another hour for a maybe 8 mile drive from the airport to downtown.

Was totally done with the day after all of that, and pissed I could have slept in.
  • Options
    I'm ok with the cold.  I'm not ok with the cold and snow.  Its been an OK morning.  I totally didn't want to get out of bed this morning.  I am so tired and yet I slept for over 9 hours.  I didn't get my prep this morning since a teacher was out.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    blabla89 said:
    Today is going pretty well so far, but yesterday was one of those days. I poured coffee creamer in my cereal :(

What all is being done to your bathroom, and how long has it been? One time when I lived in a rental house, the owner completely redid my roommate's bathroom (mine was still ugly and dated) and the workers they hired blasted Mexican pop music all day every day for a week. So at least you don't have that?
    My H is adamant about doing the work with his friend. So who the hell knows what they're doing all day. 
  • Options

I wanted to attacah the picture of my text convo this morning but it'll be easier to just type.

Friend in AZ- gee, it's been so god damn hot here lately, wink face

me- excuse me while I slit my wrists

AZ- feel for the pulse, then you'll know where to cut

me- haha the long way like in The Craft

AZ- as long as it's deep enough

Made me laugh!  

• Options
    kvruns said:

Same here it stinks! heard on the news something about record lows, or maybe record low "high" temperature or some nonsense :(

I saw on CNN this morning that 27 states in the US are 25 to 45 degrees BELOW their average temperatures for this time of year. Sounds like we're both in one of those states. It sucks balls! 
  • Options
    I'm not grumpy, just kind of blah today. I'm leaving at 5 this afternoon to go out of town to a work conference for the weekend. I'm really wishing I hadn't said I would go because that's the last thing I want to do right now. The other kids are like "Woo it's a day out of the office!" and I'm like "Woo I get to ride 3 hours in the car with a coworker I don't know well and also share a hotel with her so we can go to a conference on a Friday and SATURDAY the weekend before my birthday while I'm also deciding whether I really want to be a therapist anymore. Woo."

I take it back. I'm quite the Negative Nancy today. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm not grumpy, just kind of blah today. I'm leaving at 5 this afternoon to go out of town to a work conference for the weekend. I'm really wishing I hadn't said I would go because that's the last thing I want to do right now. The other kids are like "Woo it's a day out of the office!" and I'm like "Woo I get to ride 3 hours in the car with a coworker I don't know well and also share a hotel with her so we can go to a conference on a Friday and SATURDAY the weekend before my birthday while I'm also deciding whether I really want to be a therapist anymore. Woo."

*hugs* 
  • Options
    Our heat conked out last night, so we've been waiting for the fix for about 12 hours now.  It's amazing how fast the temp in a house drops when it's 12 degrees outside!

And driving to work today, I noticed a nice, new, fresh 6" crack in my windshield.  Lovely.

Oh well, at least the weekend is coming soon!  
  • Options
    @climbingwife haha thanks. Didn't mean to jack your thread over my bad day! I hope your day gets better and that they get on the ball with your bathroom!
    Anniversary

• Options
    kvruns said:

I saw on CNN this morning that 27 states in the US are 25 to 45 degrees BELOW their average temperatures for this time of year. Sounds like we're both in one of those states. It sucks balls! 
    yuck!  I'm in Indiana, good ole Midwest.  Although my parents are snowbirding in FL and have been complaining that temps this year are colder than what they had last year.  Oh boohoo 60 degrees :)
  • Options

ugh the dreaded long ride in the car with a coworker you don't really know/like.  Yuck. And sharing a room?  that's way worse, I didn't know companies did that.
  • Options
    I feel you on the bathroom reno.  There is a problem with our plumbing right now.  Everytime we run water whether it be in the shower, washing machine, sink, what have you, there is a sewer smell emitted throughout the house and it's terrible.  FI thinks he's almost figured out the problem, but I just really want it fixed.  Holding your breath while getting ready in the morning is not fun.
  • Options
    I feel you on the bathroom reno.  There is a problem with our plumbing right now.  Everytime we run water whether it be in the shower, washing machine, sink, what have you, there is a sewer smell emitted throughout the house and it's terrible.  FI thinks he's almost figured out the problem, but I just really want it fixed.  Holding your breath while getting ready in the morning is not fun.
    Oh, that's terrible! I hope you get it figured out soon. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    kvruns said:

yuck!  I'm in Indiana, good ole Midwest.  Although my parents are snowbirding in FL and have been complaining that temps this year are colder than what they had last year.  Oh boohoo 60 degrees :)
    Hey, I'm in Indiana too! Yep, fuckin sucks here. 
  • Options
    Y'all. The actual temperature is -11.Wind chill is -27. I work in a poorly insulated/heated basement. I've still got my winter coat on and I'm practically sitting on my space heater.

I want to go home and cuddle with the puppers under ALL the blankets.

Also, I've been sick for like 2 weeks now. Not bad enough to not be at work, but my fever is averaging around 100.5 and I'm SO tired. If I was 10 years younger I'd be convinced that I have mono. UGH.

Saturday can't come soon enough.
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Y'all. The actual temperature is -11.Wind chill is -27. I work in a poorly insulated/heated basement. I've still got my winter coat on and I'm practically sitting on my space heater.

Also, I've been sick for like 2 weeks now. Not bad enough to not be at work, but my fever is averaging around 100.5 and I'm SO tired. If I was 10 years younger I'd be convinced that I have mono. UGH.

That sucks!! I work in a very old building. You can't survive here without a space heater. I have it on underneath my desk 24/7.  
  • Options

That sucks!! I work in a very old building. You can't survive here without a space heater. I have it on underneath my desk 24/7.  
    Jealous! I work in a "green" building and the temperature is regulated. They cracked down on people who ran space heaters because it jacks up the system. 

I'm covered up with a fuzzy blanket in my office. 
  • Options
    Y'all make me thankful for my windchill of 6. 

In Alabama. In mid-late February. When our average low on this day is 36. And we're usually in the 60s during the day. 

NOT HAPPY.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We've had ice/snow/sleep the past few days. The  back roads are awful and basically a sheet of ice so driving from my house to the main road just 5 miles away was nerve racking. 

I'm trying my hardest to be in a good mood today because I have been in a really bad mood the past few days.

• Options

ditto! full blast 3 inches from my feet all day. I've already blown up 2 of them by running them too hot/ too long.

• Options
    I don't feel like working.  It's super foggy here and all I want to do is curl up in bed.  But other than that, life is actually pretty good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards