Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bachelorette Party

We are having a small wedding with family only, but my sister (MOH) still wants to have a bachelorette party for me.  Is it ok to invite people to the bachelorette party, but not the wedding?  Or is that rude?

Re: Bachelorette Party

• Options
    It is considered rude to invite people to pre-wedding parties and not the actual wedding.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Nope. Pre wedding parties are only for people invited to the wedding. If you're only inviting family to your wedding, then you either just invite those people or forgo pre wedding parties (this goes for showers as well).

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    We are having a small wedding with family only, but my sister (MOH) still wants to have a bachelorette party for me.  Is it ok to invite people to the bachelorette party, but not the wedding?  Or is that rude?
    It's rude to invite people to wedding related events that are not invited to the actual wedding - this includes, engagement parties, showers, and bachelorette parties.

Nothing stops you from having a girls night out, you just don't get to wear a sash, tiara and be the center of attention. If she wants to throw you a party where you are the center of attention, I would suggest throwing you a birthday party and not talking about the wedding at it. :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    If you invite anyone to pre-wedding parties they must also be invited to the wedding itself.

• Options
    That's very rude. You should only being inviting wedding guests to pre-wedding parties. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards