Getting in Shape

Food: Healthy subs

Had anyone else been subbing foods? It's been helping tremendously with my diet and figured I'd share some of mine and see if you guys have any. I've been making cream based soups and pasta sauces with pureed cauliflower instead of dairy and veggie based pastas, chili with tofu and beans instead of meat and nutritional yeast sauce instead of cheese (sounds gross, is delish), haven't really been eating much bread but made biscuits from shredded cauliflower and almond meal to get my bread like fix, "fried" chicken by coating the meat in steel cut oat flour and seasonings instead of batter and baking on a raised mat in the oven rather than frying (still crunchy!), and mac and cheese with the veggie based macaroni and that nutritional yeast sauce. Any unhealthy delicious foods you ladies have lightened up and made healthy? Next one I want to try is vegan pizza on a cauliflower crust.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Food: Healthy subs

• I've been wanting to try somethings with cauliflower, but DH is the one that needs convincing.

Does using brown grains instead of white grains count?  LOL
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can sub greek yogurt for a lot of things. I use it in place of sour cream when I make veggie dip and in place of mayo for sandwiches and potato salad. Doesn't taste quite the same, but it's pretty decent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have replaced the bread in sandwiches with lettuce, like a lettuce wrap. I actually got the idea from Jimmy John's. I actually prefer it over bread now. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards