New Jersey

Registry Question

So my wedding is in November and we are starting to look into registering in the next few weekends.  We will need all the essentials because all the things I have are all hand me down from my mother.  But I was planning on registering at Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond...but part of me wants to register at Crate and Barrel also.  Is it bad to have 3 options for people to pick one or it better to just give them 2 so they don't feel overwhelmed.

Re: Registry Question

• We had originally registered at Macy's and BBB.  We had a horrible experience at BBB so we took everything off of that one and created a Crate and Barrel registry.  Most of our guests purchased from the Macy's, but that was also because that was our main registry.  The sales they have are great and so are the perks, better than both BBB and Crate and Barrel.

I would go with Macy's and Crate and Barrel, but that's my personal preference.  Having three registries might be a little overwhelming, but if there are specific things you want from certain places, then I would say ok.  Just don't register for the same items at more than one store.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like to see 2 registries, but I'm not opposed to 3. Agree with ohmrs2014.....don't register for the same thing at more than one store.  It's incredibly awkward as a guest to buy something and then see the same thing opened at the shower before your gift is opened.
  • Thank you ladies!  I think we are going to start off with Macy's and see where we go from there. I just wanted to make sure that three wasn't too much if we had to go that route.  And I wouldn't register for the same thing in 2 places trust me I have been to many showers for that awkward reaction.  Now I need to make sure my FI doesn't find out that you can have a Best Buy Registry bc then he will try to make it about him and not about stuff we really need...lol
  • We did two- Macys and Crate & Barrell... Macys sales and reguistry benefits are the best and we like the modern look of a lot of C&B items... plus they have very reasonably priced "fun" items (glasses... bowls... ) which are great if you entertain and are looking for different options that blend together.  You can also register for home items.  I persoanlly dont like BBB for anything- even with the 20% off coupons I still feel like I can get beter deals elsewhere and the service sometimes is lacking
  • I registered at BBB and Macys. I found that registering online for BBB worked out better, because when I went to the store, I did not find much of what I needed, so I ended up fixing it online.
    BBB in my opinion is convenient, and most of the showers I've been to, all the guests did buy their gifts from there. They have a checklist of items you should register for that was super helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards