New Jersey
Options

DJ'S

Trying to decided between DJ's. FI and I live in PA originally from NJ so that's where we are getting married. Trying to plan everything from 2 hours away is a hard and since we can't go back to NJ every weekend I really want some good input and feedback so I can make my decision making a little easier lol. So anyone have their DJ'S picked out? What are the price ranges you've received or packages? Yes, I have looked through the DJ vendor tab and I've emailed a few. Anyone have experience with SCE or Sounds to Go?

Re: DJ'S

• Options
    Our DJ is POSH Entertainment. They had a great presentation during our meeting and left us without any questions at the end.  We ended up booking them on the spot. I can PM you if you would like more details about our package. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We are also using POSH Entertainment.  We felt comfortable with Mikey B the second we sat down and he was able to show us pictures and videos from events they DJ'd at our venue.  He was totally professional and we also booked them on the spot.  They have been amazing to work with so far between putting together a video montage and adding a few services that I am surprising my FI with.  I would highly recommend them.
  • Options
    We are using POSH entertainment also. We are using Austin John. He was amazing. We spent so much time with him going over the music and the vision and type of night we wanted to have. He totally got it. A friend of mine is also using POSH with a different DJ and had a great experience with him as well. I highly recommend them.
  • Options
    There are a lot of POSH brides here.  They are seriously amazing!
  • Options
    jlr92588     I would like to know about you package. Or anyone else that cares to share.
  • Options
    Here is the breakdown for my package.  Keep in mind that I booked them in January 2014 for a November 2015 wedding so I have no idea if their prices have changed since then.

DJ and MC for 4 hours $1,850
    Live Pianist for Cocktail Hour $500
    Dancing on the Clouds $500
    Custom Monogram for Dance floor $500
    Video Montage $750
    Premium Lighting Package $1,200
    Total - $5,300

You get a custom online portal to keep a list of must plays, play if time and do not plays as well as a database to keep all of your song options (entrance songs, first dance song, father daughter dance song, etc) which is super helpful...or at least has been for us!

They get booked SUPER fast so I would call them to check your date asap.
  • Options
    Thank You @jenn7778 that helps a lot :-)
  • Options
    I also used POSH!  Loved Lil Cee from the time we met him.  We also booked on the spot.

I've been to weddings where SCE  was used and the DJ was corny and annoying.  Too much yapping on the mic.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SCE is out. They are out of budget. Received a quote and just the dj starts out at 1750 ( low end) their more requested DJ's start at like 2100. That's with nothing added. Still looking at Sounds to Go and Posh.
  • Options
    I used Ambient DJ they are out of Mercer County NJ.  They were amazing.  Their pricing was really reasonable and we had a photo booth and uplighting.  I think we paid under $4000 for everything.

Anniversary

• Options

I am using DJ Express Entertainment. I found Joe to be most reasonable and most personable.  I would recommend calling and pricing them out. :)  www.djexpressnj.com

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards