Chit Chat
Options

AW just found out.....

I'm pregnant!!!! I just took 2 pregnancy tests and they were both positive! I told my husband and we are sooo excited. Though he joking apologized in advance if the kid is like him. Lol. I feel like I'm going to burst with the news! We are going to wait to tell most people until after the first trimester but plan on telling close family and friends soon. This will be the first grandchild for both of our families so I am extra excited to tell our parents :) I feel so many things right now. Excited, nervous, overwhelmed, happy. I just feel like I don't know where to Start!! Ahhh. Thanks for letting me share my secret

Re: AW just found out.....

• Options
    Also we had just started TTC and I decided that I was going to cut down on caffeine and alcohol but not totally cut it out until I found out I was pregnant. Well I had a glass of wine last week and a Starbucks coffee this morning. Totally irrational but now I feel bad/guilty.
  • Options
    Bah, you're fine. Drink till it's pink or whatever. 

And the baby doesn't share blood with you for a little bit yet, so again, you're okay.

Anniversary
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!! 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    Yaaay. Congrats!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That's wonderful congrats!!

• Options
    I YAYed in the last thread and I'll YAY here too! And a WWWOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO for good measure!

Also yeah, you don't share blood with the bebe til ~6 weeks. Nothing to feel guilty about. ALSO one cup of coffee a day is perfectly safe. You can pry mine from my cold, dead fingers.

• Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    Yayayayayayayay!!! Babies everywhere!!!

I YAYed in the last thread and I'll YAY here too! And a WWWOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO for good measure!

Also yeah, you don't share blood with the bebe til ~6 weeks. Nothing to feel guilty about. ***ALSO one cup of coffee a day is perfectly safe***. You can pry mine from my cold, dead fingers.
    Also I'm so glad to read the starred bit. I don't drink a cup a day, but it's a weekly treat. I'm excited that I won't have to give it up.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My mom had a glass of champagne when she was about 3 weeks pregnant with me (she didn't know for sure if she was pregnant yet but had an idea) and look at how I turned out!

...Which is probably worrisome for you. ;)

Congats!
  • Options

My mom had a glass of champagne when she was about 3 weeks pregnant with me (she didn't know for sure if she was pregnant yet but had an idea) and look at how I turned out!

...Which is probably worrisome for you. ;)

Congats!
    I had 3 glasses of wine the night before my BFP. I'm truly not concerned at all.

• Options
    Congratulations!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Congratulations! 

• Options
    Congratulations! *happy dance*
  • Options
    Yayayayayayayay!!! Babies everywhere!!!

Also yeah, you don't share blood with the bebe til ~6 weeks. Nothing to feel guilty about. ***ALSO one cup of coffee a day is perfectly safe***. You can pry mine from my cold, dead fingers.
    Also I'm so glad to read the starred bit. I don't drink a cup a day, but it's a weekly treat. I'm excited that I won't have to give it up.
    lolo wins the gifs!

Yay, babies!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats!
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    I feel like TK needs that Oprah GIF but with her yelling "and you get a fetus! and you get a fetus! EVERYBODY GETS FETUSES!"

Congrats!
    OMG I just choked on my crappy decaf coffee... lol!!! Someone with skillz...make this!

Congrats JStump!! All the champagne sparkling grape juice for you!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Congrats!!!! Don't worry about alcohol consumed in early pregnancy. At that point in time, it's all about implantation and the embryo has its own food source in the yolk sac. Many a moms have gotten tanked before finding out and look at all of us! 

If you want a really great, fast moving baby forum, check out babycenter.com you get a birth board based on your month and you stay with those mommies all the way through your child's life. 
  • Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

• Options

SBmini  I will have to check it out

• Options
    I've heard the one cup of coffee a day thing more recently but all the pregnant ladies I've ever know always acted like it was poison! Good to know though. I have a doctors apt. on Tuesday so talking to her should put me a little more at ease.
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    I've heard the one cup of coffee a day thing more recently but all the pregnant ladies I've ever know always acted like it was poison! Good to know though. I have a doctors apt. on Tuesday so talking to her should put me a little more at ease.
    You already have your appointment on Tuesday?! Dang I'm jealous. I'm 8 weeks and don't have my first appointment until Monday!

I think the official guidance on caffeine is up to 200mg per day is safe, and a cup of regular coffee has about 95mg. There's caffeine in other things though, like chocolate, so I keep it to one cup to be on the safe side. I usually make a big mug of decaf at home, drink half in the car, and then top it off with fully leaded when I get to work. 

• Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations! So exciting! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Congratulations.

I am not saying that OP should feel guilty or anything, but personally, I would advise against drinking when one thinks they might be pregnant or are TTC. 
  • Options
    WOOOO congratulations!! That's awesome news!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!

We'll see how I feel when the time comes for me, but I am also firmly in the "over my dead body" camp when it comes to having zero coffee. I'm already gonna have to give up raw cheese and booze; let me keep my coffee!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards