New Jersey
Options

Venue Help!

My fiance and I are looking for a venue for under $100 per person all-inclusive (tax, service charge, cocktail hour, etc.). We are looking to get married Friday, April 21st or Saturday, the 22nd. I tried the Grand Marquis in Old Bridge but was quoted $250.00 per person for a Friday night in APRIL of 2017 after being told over the phone as well as reading online that packages started between $75-$100 per person. They are doing a multi million dollar renovation, so I guess they need to cover their renovation. PLEASE HELP!

Re: Venue Help!

• Options
    When I went looking we wanted to keep between $100-$120 with tax and tip also.  So here were a few places that feel into that bucket for us...and we are getting married on a Friday in November.
    -Mayfair Farms (venue we picked)
    -Fiesta
    -Galloping Hill Catering Hall
    -Galloping Hill Clubhouse
    -Snuffy's (which i think it is called something else but its in Scotch Plains)
    -The Manor
    -Atrium

And always remember you can work on the price with places close to your price range.
  • Options
    Snuffy's is the restaurant.  The catering hall is Pantagis.  We looked there, but found it to be very dated, though the prices were great.  We went with the Brownstone because they can be a little more flexible with the pricing because they hold more than one event at once.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Jeannine12! Thank you so much for your help. I have looked at Mayfair Farms and have requested information several times but I never receive a response. Fiesta is huge and their prices are good, we just did not like the rooms we would be in. I will check with Galloping Hill and The Atrium to find out about pricing, etc. We will be having a smaller wedding, roughly 100 guests so that is another issue, meeting the minimum guest count. Ugh!

Hi ohmrs2014! Yes, my brother and now sister-in-law were married there back in 2008 when it was nice. They have not done any renovations since and it shows. I will check on the Brownstone...so weird I am from Paterson, NJ and would have never thought about having it there.

• Options
    Try Crystal Ballroom and Sterling Ballroom.

They have 20% for 2015 and 15% for 2016. Not sure about 2017. if you book during your first tour but deal ends on the 28th. I am going to Crystal Ballroom myself on the 28th to tour.

Probably have sent them 30 emails so far and they always respond within 24 hours. I want to have as many answers as possible before touring the location to help with my decision.
  • Options
    Yvonn3ho...I have seen these two places and they are beautiful, however, my fiance would like to stay within a 20-30 minute drive of Cranford, NJ.
  • Options
    And yes, I am the same way Yvon3ho...I have visited 3 venues already and prior to my tour, I sent them so many emails so I would not be blind-sided upon arrival.

I found one venue that has customized a package for me, Il Villaggio, but we would have to have an afternoon wedding because of the guest count. The venue is absolutely stunning and the GM Patrick is such a pleasure to deal with. If we cannot find anything within our budget for an evening, we will go with Il Villaggio.
  • Options
    ohmrs2014 said:
    Snuffy's is the restaurant.  The catering hall is Pantagis.  We looked there, but found it to be very dated, though the prices were great.  We went with the Brownstone because they can be a little more flexible with the pricing because they hold more than one event at once.
    Re: the bolded - so true. I was just at an event there last month, and it was... not great. The food was only okay at best. Nothing about the decor has changed since my parents got married there in 1992. It used to be very grand but now it just looks tired.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    My SIL was married at Costa del Sol in Union. I have no idea what they spent, but I know they were on a tight budget. It was a very nice wedding!
  • Options
    I am getting married at Primavera in Stirling and for a Friday depending on how many people it could be in your price range.  I am getting married on a Saturday in November and with guaranteeing 150 it is $120 a person for their Royal Package plus tax and gratuity.

They only hold 1 event at a time and the food is the BEST wedding food I have ever had.  There are pretty much no add ons as everything is included in the price and they have been amazing to work with. 
  • Options
    amt6 - I have contacted them numerous times and no one ever responds to me nor calls me back. If you have a contact over there, please send via PM.

• Options
    Jenn7778- Primavera is beautiful, however, it is a little too far, distance wise.
  • Options
    Try the Crystal Ballroom. You can probably do a Friday or Sunday for that price. The girls are amazing and its beautiful. Plus the food and the menus are great too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards