Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

"Dinner Theater" Style Ceremony

Hi all,
To save money, we've opted to have our ceremony and reception in the same room at our venue. We will have around 150 guests. Our coordinator mentioned that many people who did the same have had a dinner-theater type ceremony, where guests sit at the tables that they will also be at during the reception. Just wondering if anyone has pictures or advice about how to set up the tables and where to put the aisle. Pictures would be so great! I can't really find any anywhere. Thank you in advance.

Re: "Dinner Theater" Style Ceremony

• Options

sorry I don't have pics but my daughter did this last Summer.  We put half the tables on one side of the room and half on the other, creating an aisle right down the middle.  Worked like a charm!

Make sure you have a microphone so people can hear the ceremony.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I've only been to one wedding like this and I don't have any photos, but I found a couple on google:

The one that I went to was outside and they had picnic tables set up in a chevron pattern with an aisle down the middle. So you could sit facing the alter and then turn around for dinner. It worked pretty well, I didn't hear anyone say it was weird or bad in any way. 

ETA: I should also add... A sound system is important because people are more spread out. It also would help to have a raised platform so that everyone can see you.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    We ended up doing this because we had to move our outdoor ceremony inside due to the weather. All our venue did was slide some tables over to create an aisle between the tables, and then moved them back over in the 10 minutes after the ceremony when people were up to get drinks and stuff. Worked out really great.
  • Options
    We considered doing this because I liked that everything could be in one space.  I just think it makes the wedding flow well in a casual manner.  We ended up using a separate space for the ceremony because our venue had a nice space, but before we found that venue, we were pretty set on doing the ceremony and reception in the same space.  Go for it!  I think it can work well.  
  • Options
    I went to a wedding like this and loved it -- they had the ceremony on the dance floor and tables were on either side. 
  • Options
    I second the idea of having a platform so that everyone can see the ceremony. It should be fairly easy to get one from a party rental company.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards