Getting in Shape

Help me stay on track!

Starting Monday I am starting a 9 week "fighterbody" kick boxing/cardio/weight lifting program. I keep saying I'm going to do this, but the last time I started a class it was circuit training back in June and I quit. This program I feel like fits me better. I am 4'11 and 126 pounds. Two years ago I was 110. I got a desk job and stopped going to the gym and it went downhill. My stomach has gotten..potbelly-esque and I can't stand it. I also think my face looks fatter. I have three reasons to stick with this:
1. Wedding/dress
2. Honeymoon
3. I am testing to become a police officer and I NEED to be in shape 

I have a work friend going with me so that will help, but I'm concerned that the class being at 6:15 am is gonna be a problem. I like to sleep and usually feel burnt out if I don't get 8 hours. I work 11-5 M-F and I might be adding another PT job after that. 

How do you guys stick with your program? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help me stay on track!

• I usually workout with my DH, so we are each others accountability.  

Just look towards the end results:  all three reasons you listed!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a picture of my dress on the refrigerator door...makes me walk when I think about snacking...and one on desk that makes me get up and walk at lunch instead of working through it.

For me it is any little thing that I can do to motivate myself. I try to get to the gym every morning, around 6AM but some mornings it is hard. I work in the tax industry and it makes for long days.

Good Luck

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    The hardest part is getting on track with a new schedule/regime. I do Insanity Max:30 every day when I get home from work. It was hard to stick with at first, but after a couple of weeks, it became a routine part of my day, and I was less prone to skip a workout.

And never miss a Monday :)

Good luck!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards