Chit Chat

AW: I ran my first 10k! PIP

On Saturday morning I woke up at 2:45 am to run the Enchanted 10k at Disney World. I'd never run any sort of race before and before I started training for this one I was pretty much a certified couch potato. I can't say I ran it with any sort of amazing speed (I average about 14 minutes to a mile), but I still did it and it felt amazing! You get to run through Epcot too, which is my favorite park, and getting to see it all empty except for runners at the crack of dawn was pretty awesome. I went into thinking I would do it once to say I did, but now I'm thinking I might want to do it again next year.

Anyway, onto pics. A lot of people dress up for the Disney races, so I decided to wear a modified version of my Halloween costume, which was Figment the dragon from Journey into Imagination (a ride at Epcot).

Right after getting ready in the hotel room:

Meeting Cinderella before the race:

Selfie in front of Journey into Imagination about 5 1/2 miles in:

There were lots of characters you could stop and get your picture with along the course, but I didn't want to mess up my time too much (you get picked up if you go slower than 16 mins/mile) so I only stopped to see Goofy, who was right at the end and had a very short line (there was a line to see Minnie that had to have been at least 100 people deep! It couldn't have been less than a 20-30 minute wait!):

Back to work now. Sigh.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW: I ran my first 10k! PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards