Chit Chat
Options

Macy's home sales

I remember reading that some knotties work/have worked at Macy's. I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck with my completion discount. Anyone know when is the best time to find discounts? There was a few over Presidents Day Weekend but nothing that really stood out. I'm really hoping to complete my fine china settings.

imageimage

Re: Macy's home sales

• Options
    Friends and Family (usually twice a year, around May and November maybe?) is one of their better sales.

Their "Home" Sale at the end of January/beginning of February is usually pretty awesome.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    When we got married in 2013, I noticed that right around the time of the wedding there were good sales, and then around Christmas.  So we waited to complete our china and other registry items until they had deep discounts in December the following year.  I stalked the registry for a year to see when we'd get the best prices, and I think we did pretty well by waiting until then.
  • Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    Friends and Family is a good sale, but it's mostly awesome because of the coupon, which gives you 25% off (usually home store is only 10-15) and the coupon works on brands you usually can't use coupons on (Waterford, especially) and small electrics. Since your completion discount is lower and is also scanned like a coupon, and they don't let you stack coupons, you'd end up using F&F instead of your completion discount anyway. Some stores will sneak around the rules and stack them, but I wouldn't bet on it. 

Are you trying to plan when to register so you'll be in your completion period while there's a good sale going on? TBH, in my 4 years of working there, I usually found that the sale prices were mostly the same. 

The absolute best best best thing you can do with a Macy's registry is the rewards program. If you don't have a Macy's card yet, open one so you can enroll in the rewards. You get a gift card right after your wedding with a percentage back of whatever you and your guests spent up until your wedding. I think it's 5% of whatever your guests spent, and 10% back of whatever you spent. Then, since that's a form of payment, you CAN use that with your discount, on top of whatever sale prices are running at the time. 
  • Options
    esstee33 I have the macy's rewards! Wedding's next week so we've been getting gift cards, just wanted to see when a good time to use them to finish getting our fine china. Seems like we will wait for F&F. That's in May?

imageimage

• Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    I think it'll be in April this year, but I'd just call the store and ask. They should be able to give you exact dates (if they know them by now -- they might not). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards