Chit Chat

I sent out my invitations!!

2»

Re: I sent out my invitations!!

• dcbride86 said:
    Our RSVP date is April 17, which gives us plenty of time to get back to vendors with the final numbers and still allows our guests about a month from when they get the invites to when they have to reply. We don't have any vendors that need to know numbers more than 2 weeks out. So our timeline: March 16 - mail invites April 17 - rsvp deadline May 8 - wedding The good news is that you can still have time to really look at your timeline if you haven't ordered your invites yet. Etf words
    Yeah - similar here -- May 2 wedding. Planning to send out invites week of March 2. RSVP deadline is April 14. Our caterer and baker need solid numbers by April 21 (and we have to full pay our caterer on that date) so that gives me about a week to track down non-responders. 

Edit just to say: I was paging through "Bride" magazine last night and their wedding planning expert recommended sending invites out 3 months before the date and requiring RSVP's 6 weeks out. He also said you shouldn't have to invite people you don't know to your wedding so you don't need to invite boyfriends/girlfriends unless they are "truly significant". He was just full of terrible advice. 

To the bolded: ew.  Some people should not be allowed to call themselves wedding experts.

My wedding is May 2, and my RSVP date is April 8.  That allows for a little cushion for horrible DC mail and late-senders, but not too much (our deadline is April 22)

Someone on my month board sent her invites out in October. I guess she saw something like that article and said, "Meh.... 3 months s still not enough. Lets do 6. Yeah, 6 sounds right."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started putting together invites last night so I can mail them next week. This is going to be torturous. 
    Yep. That's what I came to contribute, too. 

I have everything neatly laid out on my dining room table and I'm just waiting on the stamps I ordered to come in. 

Then the massive assembly line will begin. 

Your gif is basically what will power me through that process. With a straw of course. 
  • Thanks guys, I adjusted my send date and my RSVP date to a more reasonable time period.
  • MadHops21 said:
    I'm so excited for all you ladies!! I can't even imagine what it must feel like. I still have a year and few months before I get to do any of this :( 
    That's what I kept saying, but it will get here before you know it! When we set our date we had a year and a half to go, so it seemed soooo far away. And now it's like wow, it's almost here! 
    This - we got engaged last March, and I absolutely cannot believe that it's already been almost a year. And now less than four months to go for me!

I am definitely itching to send out my invitations, and my family is pressuring me to do it in early March. Luckily the invites are still sitting in their box, waiting to be addressed, and they will remain that way until it's closer to time to send them, so that I am not tempted to send them too early.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've had our invitations since late December/early January. I'm doing the calligraphy for the inner and outer envelopes myself and wanted to have enough time to get it all done- I don't know why I thought I need this much time though. I'm SO ready to get them out of here so we can get some space in our living room back.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• dcbride86, I just got my first reply card in the mail yesterday! That was FAST! I was so excited to get it, I was dancing around with it in the kitchen and FI kept saying "Hold still, I can't read who it's from!" (It was from my uncle) 
  • @novella1186 - that's SO exciting!!  My parents gave us their RSVP card, but that doesn't really count haha.  I can't wait to start receiving them!!
  • dcbride86 said:

@novella1186 - that's SO exciting!!  My parents gave us their RSVP card, but that doesn't really count haha.  I can't wait to start receiving them!!

Not gonna lie... I took a picture of it lol 
  • I cannot wait to receive mail. It'll *nearly* make all the hard work of putting together envelopes worth it!

• I cannot wait to receive mail. It'll *nearly* make all the hard work of putting together envelopes worth it!

Lol the reply envelope came in all mangled and smudged with mail ink or something. It looked awful. That was the only part that annoyed me. I was like "What the fuck! I sent out something pretty! I want something pretty back!" haha. Damn mail service. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards