Illinois-Chicago

After Party Ideas

The hotel we have a block at has 3 other weddings at the same time and cannot accommodate us for an after party past the time our reception spot closes. Any ideas in the north shore of places that are open late, past midnight, and can accommodate less than 100? i'm highly doubtful, but just thought i would throw out the question. :/

Re: After Party Ideas

• Where is your wedding and where are your room blocks and how would be people be getting there (cars, limo, bus)? Also is it a Saturday night?
  • Will you being hosting this? ie a seperate invite/ insert will go out with the invitation. Or is this something where you will use word of mouth to spread the word and people can buy their own drinks. Becasue those aretwo completely different types of events.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What about some bars or restaurants near by?  You can contact them about a private space for your guests.  
  • Try going on Metromix or Yelp! and searching for "late night." I don't know what last call is in the north shore, but in Chicago most bars are until 2 while some have the late night till 4am. 

Depending on your wedding timeline, you might not need an after party. My friends were pretty gung-ho on going to Hanggue Uppes but it was all bluster. We got out of the reception at midnight and were like, "Ugh, let's go to the hotel and go to bed."

At least in my crowd, morning-after brunch is more popular than late night shenanigans. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards