Attire & Accessories Forum

Help with wedding dress!!

I am in need of some opinions/advice! I am a petite bride so all the dresses I try on do not land on my body where it is meant to. So it is making it hard for me to imagine what it would look like fitted. I LOVE getting opinions when I cannot decide things, so please tell me your favorite! Our wedding is in late September in California with an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception all starting at 5. Overall feel we're looking for is romantic/classic. Thank you!! :)

Re: Help with wedding dress!!

• I frankly think you look great in all of them. To me it does not seem like any of these dresses are "hanging off of you" or "swallowing you up". I think going with the mermaid or trupet style, as most of the dresses are, is a good fit as it hugs you and gives you shape. HOWEVER, even the one with the full skirt did not look like you got lost in it. Any of these will work perfectly.

That said, the first dress looks so amazing on you. I would kill to be able to pull of something that form fitting. :)

Just think about how you felt in each dress. Which one made you feel the way you want to feel on the wedding day. I told the assistant at the dress shop I wanted to feel 'comfortable'. She would ask me if I was comfortable in every dress I put on. If I said no we knew we might not be on the right track no matter how amazing it was. I was so surprised when she told me that very few brides come in and say "I want to be comfortable". LOL So go with how you want to feel...be it comfortable or otherwise!
  • I agree with PP. They all look great on you and I think they hit you at all the right spots. The two that stood out to me were the second and third. But it comes down to how you feel in them. Did any of the dresses stand out to you?

• edited February 2015
    If you're looking strictly for strangers' opinions, here's mine: my favorite are the first and the third. However, as already stated, go with the one YOU FEEL the best in because you look great in all of them! 
  • I agree they all look great on you!  You're lucky to have such a nice figure.  I think out of all of them I like the first one the best though.  

I had a similar feeling in a lot of dresses I tried on as I'm on the short side (5'3") and all the dresses are so long.  But my consultant assured me that once it's tailored and the right length, it'll be great, and I think that'll be the case here too.  

I was told (since my dress is lace) that hemming a lace dress is very expensive. We ordered mine in petite length and then I'll pick out my shoes after the dress arrives so we can avoid doing a hem if at all possible. So, something else to consider for that last dress that's in lace.

Consider practicality too.  That tulle ballgown is gorgeous, but will you be able to move around in it easily?  Is it heavy which might wear you out since you're so tiny?  I felt like a lot of ballgowns I tried on were so heavy and might wear me out too early! 
    Married 9.12.15
  • I love the first one! It looks like it fits great on your body! You're worried about nothing. But seriously though, the first one, it's stunning!
  • I like the last one!!
    *********************************************************************************

• I love #1 and #3, but I agree, they all look great on you, so you have to decide which one you love.

I also feel like I'm having deja vu.  Are you in the bay area?  I feel like those photos are from Trudy's in Campbell, and Blossoms in Dublin.  I spent a lot of time in those two salons, and I was like, wait...  I was there....    :)
  • I'm not sure I see where they don't fit/lay right but regardless I like #2 best and the last one is my 2nd favorite
  • The first one looks amazing on you but I also love the third one!
  • I have to admit I am partial to #3, but mainly because it's very similar to mine;)

Im only 5feet tall and was really worried about fit and getting swallowed up in a dress, but at the end of the day it was the one that I felt most comfortable and beautiful in so it didn't matter.

But honestly, you look fantastic in all of them!!!
  • My process going through your photos: 1) Oh thats the one. 2) Oh no, thats the one. 3) oh wait, no, this is the one.  In other words, they all looked great on you and I thought they all seemed to be fitting your body right. Any of those dresses can be made to fit you perfectly. 

As far as my opinion on the "best" I like 2 and 3. 
  • I can definitely see why you're having a hard time deciding! You look amazing in all of them! 
    My opinion is that the 2nd and 3rd are the best! 

Which one can you not get off your mind?
    Which one makes you feel the most amazing? 
    Which one do you want your fiance to see you in when you're walking down the aisle towards him? 
    Are any of them uncomfortable? 
    Do any of them have features that you don't like or want to change? 
  • Thank you everyone for your opinions! It's not so much these that didn't fit right, it was more of the dresses with side bling because being clipped in the back it would end up being on my butt. Also, with the mermaids or fit and flares, the part where the body attaches to the bottom would land at my knees instead of at my upper thigh giving me a very long torso, which then I'd get turned off from the dress. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards