Wedding Woes

Morning

Another cold and sunny day. 

My kid cried at drop off for the frillionth day in a row.  No amount of bribing will stop him.  I just walk away. 

Re: Morning

• Poor defconn.  :`(

Everyone here is abuzz over the coming snow.  The Observer says 3-5" and 4-6" (in the same article), Weather Channel says 5-8".  One of these days, I'm going to get smart and order a couple of plastic sleds, just to have on hand.  We may go years between uses, but no one here carries them so when we actually get significant snow, we're SOL.  If push comes to shove, I'm giving Wooz the cover from a Rubbermaid tote.

Knock on wood, DS is finally getting the hang of STTN (again).  Two nights ago, he fought hard at bedtime, and then slept until 5:30.  Last night, he didn't fight quite so hard, and then woke once and cried enough that I went in briefly, and then he went back to sleep on his own.  He fussed twice more but settled himself, and then slept until I woke him at 6:45 to get ready for DC.  Me:  :):):) 
  • He TELLS me before drop off, "Mommy, I'm going to cry today." and then he does it.   ::le sigh:: 

He always wants 'one more' hug or kiss.  After about 6, I gotta go.  

And it's always a scene.  I know other parents understand, but I'm still running out of there.  Ha. 
  • Poor Conn.  At least he warns you that it's coming?

I'm glad DS is doing better at night, heffa.

Between all the news channels, they're forecasting 3-6 inches.  Blech.
  • Poor defconn and you. I got a call at 3:30 yesterday asking if I could be ready for painters to do our ceiling today. They offered a 10% discount so I said yes. Now I'm camping upstairs with two little kids because Dh didnt want me to leave them here. At least 6 let is in kinder today. We will be leaving for lunch though
  • Ah, yes, the "one more."  DD still does that half the time when she gets on the school bus and gets out of line to run back for one more hug/kiss, though thankfully she's outgrown the crying and clinging.  You'll get there!

Someone here made bacon, and it smells deee-licious.  I really want bacon now.
  • I'm a mess this morning. The AWESOME sitter interview we had on Saturday isn't going to be able to take the position. So I'm hustling trying to find someone since our sitter's last day is Friday.

I'm also freaking the fuck out about this move. I'm trying to do my research and find out what I can about EI programs for PF.

I'm still not sleeping. and all I want to do is cry.
  • ::huge and gentle hug to Dixie::

I'm sorry to hear all of that Dixie.  How absolutely heartbreaking to get excited and then shot down regarding the sitter thing.  *vibes for you to find another feasible option*

H pulled up an hour late this morning (after midnight---after work) and was apologetic because he didn't expect helping his coworker get home would take so long.  I understand---but a buzzy text is better than 60+ minutes later, because I WILL wake up..and when I don't see something---my brain goes bonkers.

So I'm a bit tired today but mostly happy---yes.  Mostly happy, I like that.
  • cookie sheets also make sleds in a pinch, FWIW.

I had a tele-thingamajiggy set up with a school at 8 am today.  Skate in at 7:59 and the google doc we're supposed to be workign on fails.  As does gmail.  As does my other mail.
    Phones are VOIP, so lucky they worked (when things go really out, they don't)

Luckily the teacher called my office phone, I managed to get the spreadsheet open on my phone, and we did it that way.  PITA.

I have work drama to tell y'alla bout, but I"m waiting for the ending ( and possible firing) to happen today.  But it's probably not super interesting if you're not emotionally invested in it.
  • I'm so tired.  Interestingly enough, that little Timehop app has made me highly aware that this is the time of year when I'm battling lots of depression.  It's good that I know it...not so sure it's doing anything to get me to get over it/help it.

At least this week is a short week b/c HOUSE OF CARDS!  I'm almost finished rewatching the 2nd season.  I'm trying to find out what time it's actually dropping into queue.  We've ordered ribs to go to a House of Cards party on Friday.  I've also got some things to do over the weekend to get ready for another baby shower.
  • thejucheidea

Yay!  I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you.  Love that picture, you look very amused, or not.

• pegasuskatpegasuskat member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited February 2015
    Heffalump said:
    Poor defconn.  :`(

Everyone here is abuzz over the coming snow.  The Observer says 3-5" and 4-6" (in the same article), Weather Channel says 5-8".  One of these days, I'm going to get smart and order a couple of plastic sleds, just to have on hand.  We may go years between uses, but no one here carries them so when we actually get significant snow, we're SOL.  If push comes to shove, I'm giving Wooz the cover from a Rubbermaid tote.

Knock on wood, DS is finally getting the hang of STTN (again).  Two nights ago, he fought hard at bedtime, and then slept until 5:30.  Last night, he didn't fight quite so hard, and then woke once and cried enough that I went in briefly, and then he went back to sleep on his own.  He fussed twice more but settled himself, and then slept until I woke him at 6:45 to get ready for DC.  Me:  :):):) 

We have 2 sleds that we have had since my kids were little.  They only get used every few years or so, but so worth it.  My grandkids had a blast with them last week. 
  • @DixieNormous330 - I think I missed the announcement - - where are you moving to?
  • We're supposed to get snow today, but it'll be 60 by Tuesday of next week. My mom keeps telling beta that the day that it's clear and 60 sounds like the perfect birthday.

Our Golden Retriever is all depressed because the snow from last week is gone though. You can't please everyone.

• Ha.  Re: The Golden Retriever. 

Our dogs have taken to eating "ALL THE SNOW!" in the yard.  So I have to chase them around and buzz them to get them to stop.  Otherwise they stand there, eating snow then come in and realize "Oh yeah, I was supposed to go to the bathroom".  It's like having perpetual toddlers who have too much fun doing other things, and then realize TOO late they have to pee.  NO.  Just no.
  • We're supposed to get snow today, but it'll be 60 by Tuesday of next week. My mom keeps telling beta that the day that it's clear and 60 sounds like the perfect birthday.

Our Golden Retriever is all depressed because the snow from last week is gone though. You can't please everyone.
    I am certain that installing car seats prompts babies to be born. DS was born 24 hours after I put the carseats in the cars, and DD was like 2 days later when I was pregnant with her.
  • Zelda is her own snow plow. She runs with her head down in the snow as fast as she can in the contained backyard.  I wish she liked the camera, b/c I'd love to get a picture of her face afterwards.  Totally covered in snow and a huge grin.  Bennett just gets in and out as fast as possible, he doesn't like getting his feet wet or cold.  Times like this is when I really miss Libby, b/c she was hysterical in the snow.  Short little legs meant she had to jump through it, but she loved it.  I usually had to make her come inside b/c I was worried about her getting too cold.

• This snow was Freya's first, and she spent most of her time either eating the snow or sliding down hills on her stomach with her drummies trailing behind her.

• @DixieNormous330 - I think I missed the announcement - - where are you moving to?
    We're moving to PA this summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards