Chit Chat
Options

What are your FWPs today?

Total FWP - I went to get a Brazilian Blowout last night. I leave for Mexico tomorrow and really wanted my hair to be more manageable there. Usually they work absolute wonders on my hair, but I don't get them regularly because they're so expensive ($200+ where I live for the length/thickness of my hair). I only really get them when there's a good Groupon or other deal.

So I found a salon with great reviews and a groupon for $120. Excellent. Called on Friday, asked if they could squeeze me in before my trip, and the lady who does Brazilians offered to come in on her night off to fit me in. She was SO nice, and I was so thankful that they were flexible, but she did a TERRIBLE job. My hair is exactly as big and frizzy as it was before. But I don't want to leave a negative review, because the stylist was so nice. Ughhh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are your FWPs today?

• Options
    My legs hurt from my $30 spinning class and I'm whining about going back again for more tomorrow.

• Options
    I want to go down to the food court and get french toast sticks for breakfast, but I need to stick to my diet and eat the yogurt I brought from home. Ugh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I have to WORK at my job today, because I have spent three straight work days knotting. Ughhhhh.
  • Options
    FSD's DVD player stopped connecting to the internet last night.  We need to test it tonight to see if she may have to *the horrors* connect it to the internet CABLE INSTEAD OF WIFI. 

• Options
    I have to go to the dentist today right after work, which means I can't go to the gym. I can go to the 6:30 spin class, but it's just so late! 
  • Options

H had to leave for work early this morning so he wasn't there to start my car and let it warm up for me before I left for work. Had to get into a cold car this morning for the first time in months.

• Options
    I work in a building with doors and I keep running my hands into them. My hands hurt. Fairly certain I'm going to lose a finger by the end of the day.

• Options
    I have to WORK at my job today, because I have spent three straight work days knotting. Ughhhhh.
    Samesies. Our lives are the hardest.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Also there's a dunkins directly across the street from my work and I'm currently trying to decide if I should walk to it or drive to it because my face is going to die if it doesn't get a breakfast sandwich in the next ten minutes.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Also there's a dunkins directly across the street from my work and I'm currently trying to decide if I should walk to it or drive to it because my face is going to die if it doesn't get a breakfast sandwich in the next ten minutes.

Drive. It's a FWP day so take the most first world way to get there.
  • Options
    Its 'Wear Pink for Anti Bullying Day' today. 

I'm a ginger. I don't do pink.
  • Options
    So far today my workload is really light and everyone else's is not. So no one can hang with me. I have to be not busy by myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    OK so my FWP I got an email that I needed to be on a call that started 5 minutes ago, that everyone "forgot" i needed to be a part of so I have not know about it till 5 minutes after it started.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What is FWP?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    First World Problem
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oooooooh, thanks.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

Are you sure?  I think pink and blush on gingers can be stunning!  It has to be the right shade though, so it doesn't wash you out.

• Options
    sarahufl said:
    H and I bought a house in the suburbs the oth
    Samesies. Our lives are the hardest.
    I win. I have been Knotting AND streaming The Office on Netflix.

IMO, you give me 2 computer monitors, I don't HAVE to use them both for work :)
    Have three screens (2 for the computer and my phone).  So I work on one, Knot on the second and stream Friends on Netflix on the third :)

But I actually do have to do some work today.  I have to write some minutes from a two day meeting I covered last week.  They will be really easy to do, just rewriting the slides in a conversational tone, but ugh, I just don't want to do it.

• Options

Are you sure?  I think pink and blush on gingers can be stunning!  It has to be the right shade though, so it doesn't wash you out.
    I'm pretty sure it's just my brainwashed mind. My mother is a ginger and I grew up with her 'redheads don't wear pink' mantra. So I'm pretty much just terrified of pink.
  • Options
    I'm addicted to a stupid game on my ipad and can't get anything done. 
  • Options

I'm pretty sure it's just my brainwashed mind. My mother is a ginger and I grew up with her 'redheads don't wear pink' mantra. So I'm pretty much just terrified of pink.

My best friend is doing this to her red-headed daughter right now. Her daughter is just about to turn 2 and I'm sure has never worn pink because BFF is convinced that it clashes with her hair. Poor thing is going to grow up thinking she can never wear a certain color.
  • Options
    FWP: Deciding which kind of Girl Scout cookie to eat first.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    DH made French Toast for himself.    Now I can't really eat FT because it throws my blood sugar WAY out of whack, but I love FT.  I do sometimes take the chance.

I thought it was kind of mean that he made it for himself and didn't ask me even though he knows I don't normally eat it.   What was worse is I didn't even know until the smell made it's way down to my home office.    

It was such a tease.    My green apple was good, but not as good as the FT would have been.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

My best friend is doing this to her red-headed daughter right now. Her daughter is just about to turn 2 and I'm sure has never worn pink because BFF is convinced that it clashes with her hair. Poor thing is going to grow up thinking she can never wear a certain color.
    its amazing how much it can influence you! Im 28 years old and I still avoid it all costs. I refuse to even try it on most of the times, and when I do try it on I have no idea if it works because all i can see is the pink and hear the words 'redheads don't wear pink!'
  • Options
    amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I had that pink thing all over my Facebook this morning and I'm wearing a black wool sweater, black pleather skinnies, and leopard-print ankle boots because I hate slacktivism.

Is hating slacktivism a first-world-problem? I think it counts.

Also I think our deep freezer died last night. We shoved all the meat (which is mostly what I keep in there, just preportioned freezer bags of meat, fish, and seafood that I buy when it's on sale) frantically into our fridge freezer, which is thankfully large, but had to leave some bread and stuff to die until I can clean it out tonight and see if it can be fixed. RIP, bread and stuff that we didn't need and probably would have forgotten to eat anyway...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MY FWP is that I CANNOT decide which bathroom vanity to get.
    Augh!!
    I need something reasonably fashionable but not too out there for resale value. My husband and I do not share the same tastes, but, it's technically my condo and my money, so his negative opinions are not helping. 
    << sob >>

• Options
    @thisismynickname top 3-link pics and make it a poll :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards