Chit Chat
Options

Can we talk about this wedding?

Re: Can we talk about this wedding?

• Options
    I am reminded of Steel Magnolias. "Her colors are pink." "My colors are blush and bashful."
  • Options
    I find it funny that she spelled it "advise" on the card but "advice" with the Scrabble letters.

And wtf all those weird gaps?

OF COURSE IT WAS AN UNPLUGGED WEDDING.
  • Options
    What's up with all the maggots/sperm on top of the wedding cake?
  • Options

According to her day of schedule, there was also a gap for taking pictures. Ugh.

I also like pink, but I think my H would have asked for the ring back if I planned a reception and ceremony decor with that much pink.  I saw nothing for the groom in those pictures.

• Options
    Wow. I feel like overall it was probably pretty, but way.too.much.

I also can't imagine that the groom liked very much of the decor at his own wedding. Maybe this is just me being sexist, but I don't like that much pink and glitter. I can't imagine the guy thought it was the best plan.
  • Options
    You guys, if she had to do it again, she'd pick a cheaper venue so she could do a wedding weekend.

AS IN A WHOLE WEEKEND OF THIS.
    Well then I would only hope her guests would have the sense to bring pink suitcases 
  • Options
    You guys, if she had to do it again, she'd pick a cheaper venue so she could do a wedding weekend.

AS IN A WHOLE WEEKEND OF THIS.
    Well then I would only hope her guests would have the sense to bring pink suitcases 
    I'm sure she would have had mandatory pink outfits for her bridal party too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I made it pretty far down the article, but stopped at the unplugged wedding sign.  That's all I could take.

Back to work for me... :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    The main thing I got out of this was, I REALLY want a pinata at my wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    What's up with all the maggots/sperm on top of the wedding cake?
    OH GOD.
  • Options

Holy crap, I think I got a headache from all that pink!

I like pink and I think there are many pretty weddings that used pink but there is such a thing as too much and this chick catapulted herself past the point of too much.

I wonder if all of that crap really reflects either the bride or groom's personalities. It's basically like pinterest threw a wedding, not actual, real live people.

• Options
    That venue is stunning!  The rest... there was just so much going on!  My eyes are sad. 
    The typos/spellos were killing me.  But, like PPs have said, English might not be her first language.  What drove me extra-special-nuts was all of the "Best Day Ever" stuff.  It just makes me picture a bunch of wasted girls at a bar "ZOMG Best Day EV-AR!!!  Woooooooo!"

And can I just state for the record that the headless bride/groom photo holder thingy creeps me out?

I'm just scrolling through it channeling my Inner Rainman: "Less is more, definitely.  Definitely less is more.  Definitely."
  • Options
    I really want to know what this poor, poor groom thought about all this... I think I see his face quietly screaming "help me!"
  • Options
    I really want to know what this poor, poor groom thought about all this... I think I see his face quietly screaming "help me!"
    A PP mentioned that they brought half their apartment with them to the venue. So the poor guy has to live like that EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
  • Options
    A PP mentioned that they brought half their apartment with them to the venue. So the poor guy has to live like that EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
  • Options
    It's such a crazy coincidence that the website has a bunch of adds on it. It's almost like someone profits from convincing us a wedding needs all this shit to be beautiful. Huh.

Anniversary

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I wonder if this is what she created her wedding vision around?  She should have given her guests each a bottle to help with the overload of pink nausea.  I mean at least it went with her color scheme.

• Options
    I'm also really sick of people who don't know how to use "myself" in a sentence:

Most of the paper goods and signage were illustrated and designed by myself or handmade by using free templates that I found on the Internet.

Aaaaahhhhhh! It doesn't make any sense!

Anniversary

• Options
    ....Well, at least it was an open bar. I would have needed it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm also really sick of people who don't know how to use "myself" in a sentence:

Most of the paper goods and signage were illustrated and designed by myself or handmade by using free templates that I found on the Internet.

Aaaaahhhhhh! It doesn't make any sense!
    "I illustrated and designed most of the paper goods and signs, and handmade others using free templates I found on the internet."

Fixed! Although if this was a quote of her speaking to the author of the article I can give it a pass--people mess up all the time when they're talking. It bugs when it's due to a misguided attempt to sound "fancy" or "formal," but I can't fault someone for choosing the passive voice or the wrong use of "myself" in an extemporaneous context. I guess.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    I couldn't make it past that invitation. Shit like that is why so many women think it's okay to put dress codes on the invite. AND A THEME? YOU MUST WEAR CERTAIN COLORS?

Kill me. I didn't finish reading that bullshit.

image   image   image

• Options
    edited February 2015
    DaniBites said:
    I'm going to take a vow to myself that there will not be a single solitary rhyming couplet at my wedding.
    You gonna E.E. Cummings that shizzle, dawg?

I'm going to liveblog, stream of consciousness post my review.

1. Haters gonna hate.  You bitches just be jelly.
    2. 1. was snark not a personal attack.
    3.  Her dress and hair was gorg.  The pink balloons are a bit much, but I suspect that was the photog's idea to balance the pic.
    4. Gagging at the dress code, but the cartoon version of she and FI was cute and folksy.  I like the rest of her invitation suite as well.
    5. Newp to the blow me trinkets.
    6.  Eyeroll to Best Day Ever.  And that whole set up.  Too busy, too much.  A for effort.
    7. FGs were very pretty.
    8. Eyeroll and more cliche signs.  I'm an asshole.  I hate lovey lovey frilly cliches.
    9. Venue set up is very pretty.
    10.  Vomit at Best Day Ever bags.  Come on, already!  I loved getting married to my DH, but honestly my wedding day was stressful as fuck and mildly annoying at time.  It was not the best day ever, sorrynotsorry.
    11. The florals in the mason jars were pretty.  I hate mason jar shit but I liked those.
    12. The sunglasses are a cute touch. .. but too many signs everywhere now.
    13.  Gag at Last Chance to Run.  I don't find that shit funny.  It's sexist and lame.  And stahp with the fucking signs already!
    14. Her timeline is confusing. .. did she have a gap?  What is with the freshen up shit?
    15. Still love her dress, her bouquet is pretty, and I liked the pinata.  I really wish I had something i could have hit with a blunt object on my wedding day that would not have resulted in an assault charge and jail time.
    16. Gorg reception venue.
    17. Too many fucking signs!
    18. Guestbook table is too busy and trying too hard.  Too much Pinterest.
    19. My photobooth props that I made were waaay better.
    20. Ok, I can't go on any more.  All the pink and the ombre doesn't bother me though.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards